1970 Dealer Training\Introduction Film

I picked up some original Chevrolet Dealer training kits.  one of the kits i have is for the introduction of the 1970 MC.   just having this kit wasn't good enough...i wanted to see and hear it.  So I hunted down one of the old Projectors used by the dealerships.   The projector has a record player built in and the film advances manually.   i used my cell phone and recorded the film and audio.  i uploaded it to YouTube (first for me).  The link to the film is below.  Enjoy

communication kit.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thank You! 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, 72droptop said:

I picked up some original Chevrolet Dealer training kits.  one of the kits i have is for the introduction of the 1970 MC.   just having this kit wasn't good enough...i wanted to see and hear it.  So I hunted down one of the old Projectors used by the dealerships.   The projector has a record player built in and the film advances manually.   i used my cell phone and recorded the film and audio.  i uploaded it to YouTube (first for me).  The link to the film is below.  Enjoy

communication kit.jpg

Thanks for sharing Michael, that is one I had not seen before.  

rob

• Like 1

Really enjoyed that thank you. Got a kick out of the “like a woman with the rare combination of beauty and brains” quote while sitting here with my wife watching this. Had to “rewind” so she could hear it again. I’m on the sofa tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Wow!. Nice !. Thank you. I especially like how the comments sounded so assured that the convertible was already in production with a motorized system. And I noticed that the windshield washer system was an option.. 

Very nice, thank you!

I feel like it was made in the 50's.

It is 35MM film.  after i picked up the kits I searched for projectors with the same name of the company that produced the kits for Chevrolet.  after that, a little more searching brought to this unit. 

it's a manual film advanced.  if you listen closely, you can hear a low beep that signals you to advance the film to the next picture.

All this because my MC is in hibernation until Spring and i don't want to paint the living room!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Back in the early 90's my buddy and I learned  of a defunct Chevrolet Dealer that had been in business from the late teens to 1973.  The Grandson of the founder was cleaning out the old dealership building and we were among many that had the privilege of  hunting through attics for old  Chevrolet dealer memorabilia.  I'm a Bow Tie guy from way back so I grabbed all I could carry, some of my most prized were the huge wall boards that showed all of the new years models.  I have the 1970 Monte one and also the 1967 Camaro one amongst a number of others.  I was able to purchase the entire collection of Chevrolet Communication kits from the 1930's to 1973.  Most all have never been opened and there was one for each month of the production year.  They included many trinkets and info sheets along with a record that worked with the film strip for training.  The one that still makes me laugh is the salesman training  series that shows "How to sell a 1957 Chevrolet"  The filmstrips are true Bow Tie history.

Thats pretty cool Kevin, i bet you were like a kid in a candy store, not knowing what to grab first!

I am sure Rob or Joe will look into that for you. 

34 minutes ago, skinnerhound said:

Please correct the record, I've been a dues paying member for a number of years.  TY

Kevin,

I have corrected this for you.  According to our records you first joined in 2020.  When your dues came due in 2021 we did not receive a dues payment but then in 2022 you did pay and have paid since then.  The change in showing you as a non-dues paying member was done in error.  Appologies.

rob

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1

On 3/5/2024 at 9:58 PM, skinnerhound said:

Back in the early 90's my buddy and I learned  of a defunct Chevrolet Dealer that had been in business from the late teens to 1973.  The Grandson of the founder was cleaning out the old dealership building and we were among many that had the privilege of  hunting through attics for old  Chevrolet dealer memorabilia.  I'm a Bow Tie guy from way back so I grabbed all I could carry, some of my most prized were the huge wall boards that showed all of the new years models.  I have the 1970 Monte one and also the 1967 Camaro one amongst a number of others.  I was able to purchase the entire collection of Chevrolet Communication kits from the 1930's to 1973.  Most all have never been opened and there was one for each month of the production year.  They included many trinkets and info sheets along with a record that worked with the film strip for training.  The one that still makes me laugh is the salesman training  series that shows "How to sell a 1957 Chevrolet"  The filmstrips are true Bow Tie history.

I only have about 8 of the training kits; i'm still trying to get my head around how you store all those kits from 1930's to 1973😄.  that's awesome!

On 3/5/2024 at 7:36 PM, Rob Peters said:

Kevin,

I have corrected this for you.  According to our records you first joined in 2020.  When your dues came due in 2021 we did not receive a dues payment but then in 2022 you did pay and have paid since then.  The change in showing you as a non-dues paying member was done in error.  Appologies.

rob

I sent you a check for the oversight dues for 2021