Fender patches

Dtret

I seen these today for the first time. I ordered a set just to check them out. I also sent Leo a message asking if he has used them. 

IMG_7205.png

IMG_7204.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cbolt said:

I used those on my original fenders. You will be disappointed. 

Everything about Dennis is a disappointment.  At least these will lend to that consistency. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Bring them and a fender to the meet we'll have a clinic on how to do them. Obviously won't be able to weld them.

Joe bring your welding equipment. lol. I’ll bring two fenders, the two patches and a gallon of bondo. O ya  and a hammer. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Glen said:

Everything about Dennis is a disappointment.  At least these will lend to that consistency. 

Thanks Glen. Your input is always appreciated and invaluable 

• You're Welcome 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Thanks Glen. Your input is always appreciated and invaluable 

We both know he loves you. He just has a hard time with words.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, jft69z said:

We both know he loves you. He just has a hard time with words.

The funny thing is, I can’t disagree with him. lol. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Who makes them? They LOOK better than the other ones and these have the trim fastener holes. 🤔

No idea. But I should have them in a couple days. I’ll investigate further and let you know the results. 

• Thank You! 1

They only show up on Jegs site, that I can see. The other available ones are completely different (look like junk), with NO holes or stamped relief on the bottom edge.

Maybe it's their own product. If so, good on them for tooling up something with a limited audience/return on investment..

• Like 2

The other ones that Joe said look like junk are just that. Leo said junk but usable with a ton of work. Not only that but that’s all that was available anywhere on the internet. It should also be noted that nobody has them anyway. This was the first time I’ve ever seen these one from Jegs. I can compare it to the one Leo sent me also. Just possibly more junk to set around. 😬 And a waste of money. We shall see. I’m not a body guy anyway so will it really matter. Maybe I’ll bring them to Carlisle anyway so everyone can have a good laugh. 😂 

• Like 2

Why don't you pick up the plastic 72 grill too, and bring it to Carlisle,  so we can all see what type of quality it is...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dtret said:

Joe bring your welding equipment. lol. I’ll bring two fenders, the two patches and a gallon of bondo. O ya  and a hammer. 

Include the mandatory adult beverages, and you might just get what you are looking for  !!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dtret said:

22 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

Include the mandatory adult beverages, and you might just get what you are looking for  !!!

Nah...

I considered putting on a metal repair clinic under the club tent, to provide the type of thing that Carlisle said the Fiero people did better than us a couple years ago (poor excuse at best). But, it'll probably be 90out there, so that's not happening... 🤷‍♂️    :nono:     😄

Plus, it'll cut into my nap time under the tent....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Got them yesterday. I’m pretty impressed. I lined them up with the other patch panel and a nos 70 fender. Critics welcome. This is for most all of us. Let’s figure out what’s wrong and right. 

IMG_7217.jpeg

IMG_7218.jpeg

IMG_7219.jpeg

IMG_7220.jpeg

IMG_7221.jpeg

IMG_7222.jpeg

IMG_7223.jpeg

IMG_7224.jpeg

IMG_7225.jpeg

• Like 3

I left everything out. So if you guys want different pictures let me know before Karen gets home. lol. ( it’s all in the bedroom). 

Obviously the first set of patch panels are junk.

The Jegs ones certainly look like a winner for sure, and even though they'll take some work to install, they look to be a quantum leap forward. I recall Leo saying in a phone conversation that the aftermarket fenders take less time to get to a usable state than making repair panels fit. I wonder how these will stack up in that equation.

Bring them with you to Carlisle, Leo is supposed to be there as well and may be interested in seeing them, (if he hasn't already).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Obviously the first set of patch panels are junk.

The Jegs ones certainly look like a winner for sure, and even though they'll take some work to install, they look to be a quantum leap forward. I recall Leo saying in a phone conversation that the aftermarket fenders take less time to get to a usable state than making repair panels fit. I wonder how these will stack up in that equation.

Bring them with you to Carlisle, Leo is supposed to be there as well and may be interested in seeing them, (if he hasn't already).

I sent Leo a message before I bought the first set. No response. 

• Like 1

I have my original 71 fender in the shed. I’ll dig it out tomorrow. The previous owner has it already cut for a new patch.