What goes here?

kpcsgasp

First time seeing that for me. As far as I understood some early 72s didn't have the seatbelt warning light which gave the woodgrain face of a 71, no provision for it like yours has. Or it has the seatbelt warning light. Again, yours is a first for me. 

• Like 1

I second that, never seen that before, maybe i should look closer now!!!    Kevin tkx for posting!!!

• Like 1

First one like that I have ever seen also.  The only thing I could think is it was a late 71 dash and maybe they had started making them like that for the 72 or it came from an early 72 before they started installing the seat belt light and it was easily punched out.  Either that or it was a replacement panel that was set up like so it could be used as a replacement for any year.

rob

• Like 2

Note that the seat belt light was not required until January 1972 so there are many 72s without the light. My low mile unrestored 1972 I just sold was built in December 1971 and did not have the seat belt light.

Yours appears to be stamped for the seat belt light but was not cut out. Maybe a few were made that way during the transition. I would imagine it is pretty rare like that. What month was the car built?

• Like 2

The car was built in Oct. of 1971 at the Van Nuys plant in according to my built sheet and Ident-o- plate

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kpcsgasp said:

The car was built in Oct. of 1971 at the Van Nuys plant in according to my built sheet and Ident-o- plate

OK, the seat belt light wasn't required yet so it makes sense yours doesn't have it. That woodgrain insert is certainly a unique conversation piece you have.

4 hours ago, kpcsgasp said:

I know on 72's this is for the seat belt light. what goes here if you don't have a light?

dash plug.jpg

My ‘70 was also Van Nuys built and I have that option.  It was an obscure RPO…

968648CE-6DF5-486A-844D-B0176BB43D35.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, Glen said:

My ‘70 was also Van Nuys built and I have that option.  It was an obscure RPO…

968648CE-6DF5-486A-844D-B0176BB43D35.jpeg

Need to put that option in my vert 🤣

• Haha 2