Eastern Meet - Thursday Activity

Andreas

Who will be at the Eastern Meet before Thursday August 6, Noon? I need a headcount for a potential exciting Thursday afternoon activity...

Most likely we won't get there till after 4:00 P.M. so you can count us out.

Bill

I hope to be there around noon! It should be all of the members that are staying in Princeton, WV. on Wednesday night.

It scares me when you say...a potential exciting Thursday afternoon activity! lol As long as we don't have to go to work at the show field, like setting out garbage cans or making sure the restrooms are clean, I'm in!

Andreas, if we are racing around the track like we did at Bristol, I am in. JoAnn and I are thinking of taking a side trip to Ashville on Thursday if no club activity was planned. We can always go to Biltmore on Sunday or Monday. Rick

I am hoping to be there noonish or a little after. Carl Hanson (1972mc) will be with me in his car. Nascar???..Should I bring my slicks? - Dave

As Scott said, it depends what time we will drag our back sides out of bed in Princeton. I don't know that our rooms will be ready much before 2:00PM on Thursday so I was not going to break my neck to get there too early. I guess I figured we would get on the road once we got everyone ready to go. With this, it may spur us out the door a little earlier. We will play it by ear. I just hope I will be able to keep up with the rest of the group.

Rob

As Scott said, it depends what time we will drag our back sides out of bed in Princeton. I don't know that our rooms will be ready much before 2:00PM on Thursday so I was not going to break my neck to get there too early. I guess I figured we would get on the road once we got everyone ready to go. With this, it may spur us out the door a little earlier. We will play it by ear. I just hope I will be able to keep up with the rest of the group.

Rob

We aren't on a sightseeing tour of the country side. This is the Eastern Meet we are going to. There will be plenty of time to sleep, like when you get home! lol

We are still on the "edge" of making it or not....but if we do we will be there Wednesday evening-Sunday so count us "potentially" "hopfully" in.

Duh - I forgot we'd be leaving Queenie at home so never mind about us lol

Capri,

What, you can't ride along with someone else. You guys would be welcome to hitchhike.... Just have Greg roll up the pants leg, unbutton his shirt a little, strike a pose with his thumb up and I am sure he could hook you all up for a ride with someone else.

Rob

We are still on the "edge" of making it or not....but if we do we will be there Wednesday evening-Sunday so count us "potentially" "hopfully" in.

Duh - I forgot we'd be leaving Queenie at home so never mind about us lol

You guys can ride with me! I'll have extra room.

I will be there. It will be tight, but Dave (72MC)and I should be arriving around noon.

Capri-Don't you back out just because Queenie will be safely tucked away in Ohio. We will make sure to squeeze you and the family into our Monties!!

Carl

OK, here is the deal.

Our member Wayne Auton (who works for NASCAR) has generously offered a private tour of the NASCAR R&D Center in Concord, NC at 3 pm on Thursday August 6.

Attendance is limited to 10 - 15 people. Please respond here if you are interested...

Chance of a lifetime, if you ask me...

Patsy and I would like to attend. Let's see how things shake out. I also have my sister and her husband coming along with a friend from my Air Force days and his wife coming to the meet but don't know when all of them are arriving. Put Patsy and I down but let's put it this way, if you have to cut anyone please feel free to cut us since I can not give a definite number at this point in time.

Rob

Come on Capri, your family has to be there, you guys would be so missed. Pressure Pressure Pressure, can you feel it? Seriously, I for one would understand, but please be there. - Dave