Warning....Shovel Post

CrazyDavey

Sorry I had to share this, it is Monte's sister...

Just got back from the PSCA Las Vegas Meet (Fri-Mon) and we had a blast. What a great facility, certainly the best I've been to, top notch all the way. Met some really neat people especially the young man we shared a pit with, just a very classy kid with a very fast '67 Mustang coupe (he could make it run 10.0-10.60).

Well the Velle's offically in the 10's!!!!! Had 5 run's in the 10.90's, two at 10.90 flat. Three 11.0 runs and the best speed was 122.82 mph. The DA was between 2500-3000ft both run days so I think the old girl did pretty good.

Still playing with shift points so I think there's some more left, only up to 5400 so far.

Shot of the LVMS

DSC00010.jpg

Our little pit area

DSC00014.jpg

Me giving advice to a guy 2 seconds faster than me.. grin

DSC00015.jpg

First pass

th_vegasrun1.jpg

Had to show this one, Red was too funny. Second round the pipe rack couldn't find reverse after his burnout so I got the win...

th_bkt-12ndrun.jpg

tried something new..incar vid..kinda cool you can listen to the car, hear the shifts, good tool I think

th_2ndincar.jpg

sort of long, I let it run to show the track some on the return

th_longincar.jpg

I still can't believe it...10's....Crazy Davey

Thanks for sharing Dave. Congrats on the 10's. yay I've been there many times and love it there. Heres a couple pics of a fellow club members car. Its been so long but I think his name is Mike. Screen name Stick from California. Im sorry, my mind is slipping in my old age. nutz

drags110.jpgdrags108.jpg

I like the burnout pic the way the tire smoke wraps the car.

Chris

Crazy Davey, I knew you could do it. Loved the in car vid.

Now for the critique. Let that thing wind out. Shovel seems to be pulling like a mofo as you shift. I know you accomplished what you set out to do, a 10 second timeslip without pulling the engine to six grand, but that thing wants more in a big way.

Hmmm... all forged internals with four bolt mains. I would have to give it all it has. Bu on its last dyno pull went 577 at the rear wheels shutting it off at 5100. The curve looked to go straight up. Second pull I held it to 6400 and hit 633. On the track short shifting the car was stuck at 10.70s. I finally pulled it, took a look inside and found some really nice stuff in the block. I changed out the valve spring and took it back to the track. 10.50s consistenly shifting at 6400. I know it would take 6800 for a little while, but a 10.50 car driven to the track meaning it is my ride home, I kept it at 6400.

Awesome runs.

Andy

Congrats on the 10's Crazey Davey.

Enjoyed the vids, thanks for sharing.

Listening to Red was entertaining, especially on the rail car win. - Dave

You are officially in the 10's...cograts... cool

If you are happy with that time and don't want to go any faster your motor will last a long time and give you consistent runs...but...I myself would wind it out a bit more to see what it "might" do... grin

thanks everyone, I got so much info from people on this site it feels like a group effort. I'm still in disbelief but still jazzed too. I hear all of you on the shift point thing. For one of the classes I want to run I need to learn how to make the car run a certain time, that's going to be with shift points.

Can't wait for the next time out so I can let her out some more and see if there's anything still on the table. I want to work some with the suspension too and try and get the 60 times down some more.....Most of you have seen the progress, maybe some of the things done will be useful to others.

Hey Andreas, how about an honorary "Monte" award.... grin thanks again ....Crazy Davey

Congrads Davey,I bet that was a wild ride.Sounds like the wife enjoys it as much and thats great. I remember some yrs ago I had a 70 Chevelle SS mildy built and I run 13.1 something 106 Mph and I believe that I become dizzy and nose bleed grin,that was fast to me.

You have a great looking chevelle (and Monte)and a quick one, good job on both smile

Terry

thanks Dave....I sent Craig at Coan some of the vid's and a list of what I've done to the car since he built the converter. He's going to review it and let me know if I need to update the converter....now I have to add more safety stuff...$$$$$...Crazy Davey