Raced in Vegas this weekend

CrazyDavey

got back from a PSCA race in Vegas this weekend. The Velle ran good but I felt bad for beating on her so hard in the heat. It was between 100 and 104 and I was running 3 classes (won't do that again). Red took good care of me and the car..she told me I'll take car of the car, you just focus on the race...boy and she did, bless her. The jet changes, fueling, battery charging, checking oil, filming...she did it all!!

My first time in Mean Street, a heads up 10.60 index class. The car was soild at 10.50 all weekend so all I had to do was stage it deep and it took almost exactly a tenth off so it didn't break out of 10.60. I was number 2 qualifier at 10.615 and went 2 rounds so I was happy for a first time out.

Also ran Bracket 1 and Trophy, went 4 rounds in each (semi's) so I made some money in Bracket. In the fifth round of Bracket I went .003 red or I would have hauled home some more loot. They were hot lapping us so quick at the end I thought the poor car car was going to burn down, I felt bad for her, hope she's not hurt... eek

here are some vids...sorry for the poor quality but I forgot the video camera so Red had to use the old Kodak. first one is my Mean Street qual run...second is a Bracket 1 win and the third...well I think the guy broke his car so he ran this instead...talk about an excercise in waiting....caught him though...

grin

Yea, it looks as if you were getting a little impatient there. LOL. Looks as if you had the wheels up, too.

Seeing that big delay in the start reminds me of years ago and I was racing my 427 powered Studebaker. In the other lane pulled up a VW beetle with skinny tires and a megaphone sticking out the back. I was thinking I was really going to have to catch him at the other end...when I realized MY light was green!

Oh boy did I loose that race. LOL.