New engine in the car

dbreese

Well after a week of getting things prepped and fighting bolts on the bellhousing and torque converter( must have been tightened with a 1" impact rofl with the help of my good friend we were able to get the bolts out yesterday. Went and picked up the new engine this morning from the builder. Got to the house and about an hour or so later the swap was completed.

Old engine/carb went back to a friend of mine that works for my builder. He is going to drop it in a Fox Body Mustang. Should be a hoot! Felt a little sad about the old engine being taken out as it has served me well for almost 7 years with not one hiccup. I'll post some pics of the new engine tomorrow.

Still have a ways to go, plumbing the fuel system, mocking up the headers to see what tweaking will be needed (Sending them off to be coated) and getting the exhaust in. At least I'm gaining on it! wink

David

Hey Steve! Shooting for Feb to get it back on the road and shake it down. Hope to get it to track in early March.

Yep Scott it should be lots of fun. Gonna stick a 307/200 hp decal on the air cleaner lid just for grins and giggles. Wonder if it will fool anyone? rofl

David

Gonna stick a 307/200 hp decal on the air cleaner lid just for grins and giggles. Wonder if it will fool anyone? rofl

Awesome engine choice, that decal will make it a sleeper for sure... grin

David, great news, do me a favor keep me up to date w/every mod you had to do getting the headers to fit...pics would be great also...lots of luck to you...lets get deep in the 11's now!!! Al

Here are a few pics of the new engine. Forgot to mention that when the old mill came out the drivers side engine mount was ripped in half. Thank goodness for the safety locking tab or the fan shroud would have been trashed frown

Al, I'll keep you up to date with the headers. I did take the passenger side header and held it against the head and for some strange reason it seems that I have more clearance. I think they will work out fine. Anywho here are the pics;

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

David

ditto

Well except that brake booster. Almost a year of down time and you couldn't find any time to clean that puppy up whistlewhistle Come on now. You know I'm just bust'n your chops David laugh . - Dave

ditto

Well except that brake booster. Almost a year of down time and you couldn't find any time to clean that puppy up whistlewhistle Come on now. You know I'm just bust'n your chops David laugh . - Dave

The booster does stand out. I was going for the retro rat rod look. I guess ya don't like it. blehrofl

David

rofl

David, as long as you are at the EM this year in Carlisle it's all good. You got 5 1/2 months to get everything done. Don't make me come down there and help you wink . - Dave