Interior project

cny first gen 71

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went down and worked on the car more tonight got the tach in and all wired up even the light works when ya turn the headlights on and got the reast of the heat barrier all set now I just have wait untill the carpet and covers get here

IMG_0301.jpg

oh yea I got another monte too one of our CSO's gave it to me

IMG_0298.jpg

he's a monte fan too and his son has one. He's a member here but not sure if hes on the message boards

Looks great! Can't wait to see the new interior put in!

I too located all 5 of my previous owners (with the help of a PI).

I spoke to the 3 that were alive but not the 2 that passed away.

Wo hoo the new covers and carpet both arived on the same day yay got home from work late so I couldnt work on it at all but I got them unpacked and warming them up in the house. I should be able to go and work on it tomorrow night for a while i'll see how much I can get done and post some pictures.

Went down tonight and roughed some stuff out just laid the carpet in place and placed the cover in place. nothing is succered yet just laid out. It all seems to fit pretty good but hopefully the carpet lays out a little better, im going to warm it up a bit and stretch it some more. Heres a couple pics. Oh yea im going to have to get some kind of cover for the seats for when the dog rides with me it showes everything, she loves riding in monte and getting ice cream.

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

Looks good Steve. I am going to take my seats and the covers I bought over to a local upholstery shop and see how much it will cost me to have them put on. I want my seats to look good and not look like i did it. LOL

Yeah. When I went down to the Detroit NPD dealer. I forgot to get the hog ring and pliers kit. I am going to see what my place charges and if it is to much,I will just order the kit and do it my self. Your seat covers ther kind of look like the blue ones that were in my monte. they look good.

Looks good Steve. I am going to take my seats and the covers I bought over to a local upholstery shop and see how much it will cost me to have them put on. I want my seats to look good and not look like i did it. LOL
The local upholstery places wanted $400+ to put my covers on. It was like $69 per cushion. UH I don't think so nutz

I did mine out in the garage, just take your time. Make sure you put the piping (I think that is what you call it) back in the edges before you hog ring it all back in.