Interior project

cny first gen 71

I got the top of the back seat done tonight and it didnt come out bad at all there was a lot of streaching and pulling but I got it. Its a little rough on the hands but worth it. I have the back of the front seat in place just have to hog ring it on that one wasnt as bad as I though it was going to be. Heres the back in just set in not really in.

IMG_0311.jpg

Going to work on more tomorrow if time allows my mom is coming to town so im not sure.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I thought about you today the asbestos abatment co. thats working in our building had some equiptment made in Bay city mi. arospace air or something like that. Also we used to have a basketball player that played here that was from bay city Eric Devendorf was his name good player but cocky lol

Very cool.I know of that aerospace manufacturing company. It is about 2 miles from me. I think it is part of Kerku Mfg. And that Devendorf kid went to my old high school,Bay City Central. Yes, very cocky kid.LOL

Nice work on it! I picked away at the rear seat, then did a back of the bench,I think the bench bottom went last.

I had help from a fellow member RichG, Ill bet his hands are still hurting from doing the seats grin

It was a lot of putting the covers on and off to make sure of the fit. We added some Badding(sp?) that we picked up at a craft store in an area or two, and Rich took care of a little bit of missing foam on the corner of the front seat. Overall, it took a few weekends of toying with it,but I dont think it was too bad (but I had good help) cool

The front bottom proved to be the most difficult a lot of pulling tuggging and stretching and of course cutting. But I wrestled with it for a while tonight untill my daughter got home. Then we had our triditional green beer together as we do every year in honer of my dad. He would have been 90 today. Him and I started doing it when I was just a kid and my daughter joined us when she was 16 now its just her and I. Any how heres the seat almost complete. The next pictures will be when its all back together.

IMG_0318.jpg

Carpet is in, rear seat is done and in, front seat bottom is done and in, seat belts are in. Just have to finish up the front seat backs and final trimming on carpet. This old body said not today to the rest. Everything on me hurts even my hurt hurts. Still to much salt to take it out anyhow now we need some more rain. Pictures will follow when complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty here we go the drivers side is done but I have to turn the car around in the garage to do the other side so heres the pictures

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

And the trunk too

IMG_0326.jpg

Now I have to fix the brakes the master cylinder looks like its been seeping out the back so I ordered a new one today I really didnt need any of that tax return I guess. Thanks for all the kind words. Not to bad for not knowing what I am doing eh?