Interior project

cny first gen 71

Well today was the day to start tearing the inside apart and it went well. Everything came apart easily but this old body dont move as it used to ha ha. Didnt find a build sheet but did find a reg from 1977 from calf. I knew it was build in LA but was told it was shipped to Utah well i guess not. the floors are solid as sears and the orig sound deadner is even in great shape, Now I just have to wait till the parts get here but in the mean time the covers have to be removed theres a lot of them hog rings on there. Heres som pictures.

IMG_0214.jpg

old seat had a cover on for the last 3 years but it got worse

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Will put more as it progresses

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's in great shape.. I live minutes from Lakewood Ca.. I wonder if Shirley Ann, was the first owner. I can't see the address clearly, but I wonder if she still resides there. grin Thanks for sharing the semi-pristine interior shots. Good luck with the resto.

Hey, Steve. Cant wait to see pictures. I gutted my interior to a few weeks ago. I found what was left of my build sheet under the back seat tucked in the left corner of the seat. I am doing carpet, recovering the seats, hopfully a new dash to.

Hey, Steve. Cant wait to see pictures. I gutted my interior to a few weeks ago. I found what was left of my build sheet under the back seat tucked in the left corner of the seat. I am doing carpet, recovering the seats, hopfully a new dash to.

Didn't you try to piece it together? He fixed it for you!

How in the heck did my build sheet picture go to your post Ian? I tried to put it in my post above it.

Because I put it there for you. grin You need to just copy the image url, not all the extra stuff they give you, then inclose it in

Oh man that sux. I had to pick up a couple of drunk friends, and because of how much I worked I kept a gallon of water behind the driver seat to stay hydrated. I pick these fools up, only to discover after dropping them off my homies friends knock over the jug and spilled the gallon of water all over. After cleaning up the mess I found, an intact..... good condition..... build sheet, destroyed from the water.

The guy would never fess up to it, he almost caught five across the eye but it was my homie's roommate and asked me not too. RIP build sheet frown

Solid looking floor there!!

I spoke to the original owner of my car who got it from a dealership very close to my home now. She was more than happy to chat about the car, you should look your owner up also. I found mine online, ironically, her name is Shirley too!! grin

Its amazing what you find under the seats and carpets, I found some old adoption certificate for a stuffed animal puppy with the little girls name on it, Im sure she is as old as me now eek Maybe I should look her up too wink

Update, got the reg a little clearer and still couldnt read the first 3 or 4 letters of the last name and couldnt make out the street address but did get the street. I found a search engine and looked at every house on the street by name and couldnt find the last half of the name so that person isnt living there any more as far as I can tell but havent givin up yet well see. worked on the seats taking them apart tonight some more and found whats left of a build sheet not much picture included. will get them the rest of the way apart tomorrow to see how much more fabric I will need, burlap foam ect. does anyone know if the seat adjuster wire is available anywhere I broke it and the clip that holds the seat back ti the bottom at the end I may be able to get that at the hardware store. I'll keep ya posted when the covers get here. for now theres a whole lot of hog rings to take off.

IMG_0280.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Alright I have made progress over the last couple weeks waiting for the parts when it wasnt to cold

New burlap on the rear seats

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

New canvis on the front seat and also added some springs

IMG_0288.jpg

New heat barrier and sound deadner

IMG_0286.jpg

The covers and the carpet should be shiped early next week

Its a reflective barrier I got it at lowes someone suggested it I think it was Wallaby it is easy to work with and was on about 25 bucks enough to do the whole thing. Its cuts easy and forms in place good I used 3m spray adhisive seems to be working good.