AFR Heads Arrived--Pic Heavy

Heckeng

Whelp, I mostly avoided working much today as I stayed at home waiting patiently for UPS. The package was finally delivered at about 6:30 and I am very happy so far! I've only looked one head over but it looks GREAT and I am very happy with how the ports look. yay

boxu.jpg

openboxv.jpg

exhaustside.jpg

bottomm.jpg

topangle.jpg

exhaustangle.jpg

guideandtop.jpg

combustionchamber.jpg

exhaustportk.jpg

devil And finally, the highlight of the show. . . The intake Port! shifter

intakerunner.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooooooooooo! Man those heads look great even if they are for a BB. grin Sharp looking port work Scott. Man that engine is gonna likey them heads. What size in valve? They look gianormous. Better keep the cat away from them he/she might get lost inside!!! laugh

David

They are the standard size for BBc, 2.19/1.88 valves smile

So the next question is. . . On this Saturday, Michelle and my anniversary, should I give HER some attention, or the Monte. . . I don't think I'll be getting the heads done that day for some reason! lol

They are the standard size for BBc, 2.19/1.88 valves smile

So the next question is. . . On this Saturday, Michelle and my anniversary, should I give HER some attention, or the Monte. . . I don't think I'll be getting the heads done that day for some reason! lol

Scott, don't poop where you eat. She has legs, she can walk away. grin

Whelp, I mostly avoided working much today as I stayed at home waiting patiently for UPS. The package was finally delivered at about 6:30 and I am very happy so far! I've only looked one head over but it looks GREAT and I am very happy with how the ports look. yay

boxu.jpg

openboxv.jpg

exhaustside.jpg

bottomm.jpg

topangle.jpg

exhaustangle.jpg

guideandtop.jpg

combustionchamber.jpg

exhaustportk.jpg

devil And finally, the highlight of the show. . . The intake Port! shifter

intakerunner.jpg

Hey homie,, for future reference....... can you include that a bib is required when viewing the pics the in the title grin Those look BAD!

Originally Posted By: 71monteme
sweet

WOW nice Monte in your sig mayne! Nice color!!!!!!

It looks as if those AFR 265's flow better than the Merlin 269's. Nice choice.

Geez they sure are purdy.

Before you go bolting them to the engine make sure you don't have any clearance issues with your exhaust and spark plugs. I know that with my Merlins, those raised exhaust ports caused me grief in that area. I had headaches with both cast-iron manifolds and headers. Some of the spark plugs were tough to get tools on, but they were doable...the problem came when the spark plug wires went on: they were so close to the exhaust tubes that they would fry in no time and there wasn't enough space to install any heat shields. I had to re-route my header tubes. (yuk). For me the problems were all on the drivers side.

Once you get them installed, you're going to notice a difference!

The package was finally delivered at about 6:30 and I am very happy so far!

Wow, very nice! Maybe some day (dreaming). Let me know if you aren't happy, I will give you at LEAST half price for the set at the drop of a hat! grin

By the way, will you accept $20 monthly payments? laugh

gee that box looks familiar....the big day finally arrived, well worth the wait Scott, you're gonna be surprised how much they will wake that motor up. I really didn't have any issues with the raised plug location, doubt if you will either.

Take care of Honeybunch and then enjoy putting those bad boys on the motor...Davey

gee that box looks familiar....the big day finally arrived, well worth the wait Scott, you're gonna be surprised how much they will wake that motor up. I really didn't have any issues with the raised plug location, doubt if you will either.

Take care of Honeybunch and then enjoy putting those bad boys on the motor...Davey

That box DOES look familiar, except I got hand me downs in it eek But I will forever cherish that box young Davie.

And MICHEAL!! Get off the computer and get that car done!! I hate to yell but PBIR reopens on the 9th and kids or no kids you are supposed to be there.

Seeing those pics brings back memories of when I first took my 315cnc heads out of the box. I couldn't believe how awesome they looked inside and out. Once again you will be extremely happy when you get your engine/car all dialed in.

Weather is pretty nasty, there is salt everywhere and the Monte won't be going out in it. It will still take me a week or so to get installed and get pushrods ordered.