IT IS ALIVE!!!!!

dbreese

Well I got my temporary fuel system plumbed and wired, battery installed, alternator hooked up, coil wired and water in the radiator. Made sure there was oil in the engine. I left the shroud off for the time being. Filled the make shift fuel cell (detergent bottle) with 93 pump gas

Called my FIL to come over and help. I flipped the switch on my little fuel pump, FIL hit the key and BAM that sucker fired right up. Cold oil pressure was at 80 psi but settled down to 50 psi at 1100 rpm (idle) when the engine reached 180 deg. No leaks. I was shocked!!!

I made a vid and loaded on youtube. Just waiting for it to come up and I'll post it.

Gonna pull it out of the garage tomorrow and give her a much needed bath. Man it seem things are finally starting to come together.

David

Yea Tony about the youtube vid. This is the first time I have ever loaded a vid and it took but it said they have to approve it or something like that. How long does that take?

Thanks,

David

I kinda remember loading a video for the first time on youtube...I think it took no more than 15 minutes.

We will be waiting... grin

You're going to have a tough time passing that off as a 350...

rofl Hey Justin,

I plan on putting a 307 200hp decal on the air cleaner lid just for grins and giggles. Man that thing was loud in the garage but my FIL was totally stoked! Need to get the exhaust system on in the next few weeks.

David

Always great to get them running and even better when everything is OK. Sounds great.

The 307 sticker is to wimpy and it was never in a Monte. I'm assuming it's was originally a 350 300hp, that's at least not laughable....you might be able to BS at least a few people.

I did some measuring for you this weekend too, as I was playing with a 1" spacer. You should be able to put 2.42" of spacer/gaskets on top of that Victor JR with an L88 drop base and a 3" filter. With a 4" and the L88, 1.42", so a 1" spacer and a thick Edelbrock gasket if you want the bigger filter. But your throttle bracket won't work with that drop base.

Good luck.

Thanks for taking the measurements for me! . I will at some point go to the drop base like you have as it would be nice to have more filter.

My Monte was a 350 with a 2 bbl carb. Still have the factory emissions sticker on the the rad support. laugh

Yep a 350 300hp would be more believable.

David