Seat-Belt Replacement

72monte350

I remember a while ago someone had posted about replacement 3 point seat-belts he had placed in his monte. He had a very very nice black monte carlo, I will see if I can find out who it is to ask him, but until then, does anyone know where I can purchase replacements for a bench seat 1972?

Thanks!

Here is a link to an old discussion about three point seat belts.

three point belt topic

Here are some pictures of when I did my conversion.

Pictures of Morris three point belts

Bruce

• 3 years later...
I'm considering these belts 3 points

Certainly are cheaper at $48 PER SIDE

Anybody else here have these?

Art

They will probably work but you would have to manufacture your own brackets for the floor and the B-pillar.... the Morris Belts are a direct bolt-in and install in less than 30 minutes...

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I currently have factory seat & shoulder harness belts in my bucket seat Monte.  Kind of looked over the Morris products and did not see any examples for a bucket seat car.  Is this application available and has anyone purchased and installed these in a bucket seat Monte that were direct fit?

The factory shoulder harnesses are a pain and frankly don't look as they really provide much in the way of safety and am considering making this change if they supply for my application.  The belt buckles look very similar to my factory buckles and would appear to blend in with my rear seat buckles.

Comments please................. :)

Doug

Doug, I have Morris 3 point belt installed for bucket seats which fits very well. Only difference, beside one buckle to snap in, I could think of is the shoulder harness is not hidden when stored like original when not used as it will always be shown.

Rick

The only draw back I can find for the Morris three point belts it makes geting in and out of the back seat a little harder specially for this 687 yr old.

Yeah Larry, that could be a problem getting in and out the back seat.  I think I could live with that, I think!  Reasons fore me getting back there would be cleaning / working and I guess could simply remove retractor from floor when doing so, if necessary.

I am leaning toward them and just wanted to confirm no surprises, mods necessary during install.

Thanx guys,  :)

Doug

My kids have a slight issue getting in and out but if you pull one side of the belt forward then slowly pull them both together it isn't an issue

I've also saw where people modify the headrests with a hook like newer montes and hang the belts on that

The safety far outweighs any inconvenience imo

I think I could deal with getting in the back seat as a trade off for the safety aspect.  I wont use the factory shoulder harnesses as they are a pain and offer little additional safety.  Every time I buckle up, I feel bare not having that shoulder harness.  If I need to spend any time in the back seat compartment, I can simply remove lower assembly until I'm done (I think).

I think I will see about getting this kit.

Doug

And they bolt up to where the original shoulder belts did. I had no idea where they went but when I had my headliner re stretched they also installed my 3 point belts so I did not have to do that. YEAH!!!! :)