Opinions please

Vaughn

Mike,

I am not sure about the lower trim as I never asked them. I am sure that if I sent them along with the rails they would have installed them on the panel,but I had a brain fart.

They do not supply the metal rails. I had to mail them my old ones or they will sell you the panels without them and you install yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the door trim from OPGI in the Monte catalog does NOT match the FGMC (it does not have the channel running down the middle that is painted black on our cars). They would be perfect for a '68 GTO, however. Ask me how I know. mad

Question: Do you have to send in your old metal rails or do they have them?

Thanks

You only need to send the metal portions of the rear panels (for a Chevelle you wouldn't, so they must be different). Their new front door panels do come with metal top rails (though you can send your old ones).

• 4 weeks later...

Front and rear door panels are installed. Fit and finish was/is fantastic. (That last sentence will drive Rod crazy) lol It took around one hour per front door, which is amazing.

The last Monte restoration I did, I used door panels from another supplier and they had the fibreglass top rails. Without a word of a lie, I spent 10 hours each installing the front door panels. Heat guns etc to soften fibreglass to get correct form. What a nightmare that was.

One negative that I did have to point out with the Legendary panels. There are approximately four to five random areas around the buttons on each panel where the stitching is already coming out because when the buttons were installed they cut the stitching. I sat down with some good glue, toothpicks and glued the stitching back under the buttons.

All in all, very good quality, fit and finishes.

After purchasing “other” brand panels, I can say that Legendary will get my business for future projects.

img9815x.jpg

img9817o.jpg

That looks really nice Vaughn. That looks like the interior in my new 72. Has the carpet on the bottom with the map pocket. Wish it was black, but kind of a redish brown. Have to study the interior section to see what they call it. Thanks for sharing