Opinions please

Vaughn

It’s getting to that point in the 1971 4-speed restoration that I need to start looking for some interior trim.

Has anyone purchased door panels from Legendary? If so did you get assembled, or non-assembled? Where you happy with the product.

Thanks for the opinions.

Vaughn I spoke to them a couple times and seemed like there very easy to work with and have seen some of there work on tv shows and sure looks great but they didnt make the covers that I needed so I dont have first hand info but have heard there good. I may one day take a ride to there place and check it out its not that far from me.

Vaughn, not totally sure on Legendary, but I can tell you that the ones from PUI that I got were UNASSEMBLED! You get to use your original metal rails, so you know they will fit! Ive seen the assembled ones installed and I was not impressed with the fit to say the least! They didnt sit right along the glass, and it was really obvious that it wasnt factory. Like I said, these were PUI though.

I do know people that had Legendary interiors in their GTO's and they looked very nice though, but Im not sure if they got assembled or unassembled. I will try and ask around to see which they had, and how the install went for them.

I have legendary unassembled door panels and seat covers. As far as I'm concerned they are the best. I think I was one of the first customers to order the door panels. I made such a stink about the buttons that they took a long time to finish them I really think they had the die made and had to wait for them. The buttons are really right on to orginals. Almost flat and the right diameter. All the holes are punched out for the arm rests. They are like day and night compared to PUI and Cars Inc. My good friend ordered from Cars Inc and the door panels were in a PUI box. He sent them back. They are having a 20% sale right now. Ask for Mike Saless X209. He will take care of you. Tell him Carl Hanson from Connecticut sent you. I have been playing with cars all my life and I can say that this company makes a great product. You will not be dissapointed. So call 1 800 363 8804.

Thanks all for the responses.

Carl, if you are happy with them thats a good thing. I will give Mike a call on Monday morning, thank you for the info.

I'll keep you all posted.

Vaughn

• 2 weeks later...

I got a set from yearone and a set from OPGI ,some places have plastic for the top support I would ask them to make sure you get the metal,much better. the set I got from OPGI had steel which I would much rather have and if you get unfinished then thats another thing you have to do mine are assembled and I like them.

Bob But this is just my opinion02065f9f.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have ordered the assembled panels from Legendary. They seem very knowledgeable about our cars. Probably thanks to Carl ( LOL).

I had to send them my rails and will receive the door panels fully assembled. I will let you know when they show up and try to post some pics.

Thanks again for the help

Almost forgot, they do have a 20% off sale going on.

• 1 month later...

Vaughn. How do you like the buttons? When I ordered mine I made a big deal on the correct diameter and hoping they came flat. I'm happy with the results. I think they had a special button dye made. I was also inpressed with all the holes that are punched out for the arm rests. Also the weight of the panel. The wait time is longer but worth the wait. PUI panels can't compare to the quality of these panels. Their seat covers are also over the top. I'm happy you took my advice. Did you order from Mike Saless?

Carl

They Look really nice! Has the chrome strip above the carpet been eliminated or you need to install?? Just curious........

Hey Murphy, you have to reuse your factory chrome strips and remount them as that is what i had to do on the 70 for the same door panels... **Tip though be VERY carefull bending up the factory metal tabs*** they are 40 years old and brittle thin metal lifting them to quick and the metal tabs break off.....

Darren.

Murray,

As Darren has said, you need to install your own chrome strip on the bottom.

Carl,

The buttons are very flat and close to the originals. The weight of the panels is the first thing I noticed when I took them out of the package. Nice weight and very sturdy for sure.

When first ordering, I left a message for Mike Saless but it was Tony who phoned me back and who I ended up dealing with.

I am happy I took your advice as well. smile

One word of caution if ordering from Legendary. They will take a while to make your door panels so give yourself lots of time. Mine took almost 2 ½ months from time of placing order, but well worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Will post pictures once I get them installed.

Question: will they ever include the chrome strip at the bottom? I already have re-pop panels, but need new ones soon The plastic frames stink. Do you have to send in your old metal rails or do they have them?

Thanks