Show your aftermarket or non-monte bucket seats

Arvizu9618

These seats I got from the local "pull it yourself" wrecking yard. They are from a Dodge Neon. The price was right; just $20ea. Not a direct bolt-in, and if combing the wrecking yards remember to get seats from a 2-door car. These were from a 4-door, and I had to modify them to tilt forward for rear seat access.

The center console is of my own making. It's mainly just an enclosure for my subwoofer.

078.jpg

• 4 months later...

These seats came out of a 2010 Challenger. A friend’s son has one and I thought they were great seats, very comfortable. I scored the front and rears for 700. They are like new. Leather and heated to boot!

20140127_220539_zps0e08e0a4.jpg

20140127_220450_zps897ca6d4.jpg

I still can't post fotos...see the 72 yellow convertible in gallery. Seats are from 93 Firebird. Good thigh support & Recline. I did minor reshaping of the headrests. They almost look "Period correct". Powered units available

P1011186.JPG

http://www.firstgenmc.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=359&title=im000302&cat=500

these are my seats ...

front and back out of 2004 monte carlo

some work and modifications were done to the rear seat back and bottom.

if you are just doing the front,its easy.

i just used 1/8 inch mild steel to adapt the 6 way power tracks to the stock hole locations.

i think they look good and i know they are comfy.

i had a factory bucket seat car and they are not comfy on long rides.

I know this thread was started over 4 months ago but I will add what I have in my car to the list so far. They are Procar Rally Series 1000 seats from Summit Racing.

ueow.jpg

Bill

I came close to getting those seats but during my research I read several posts that say they are small and some of the bigger guys felt cramped in them. Since I didn't know of any one with them, I went with the Challenger seats since I had sat in them before. Your seats do look good. Almost like they were always there from the factory.

Bill

I came close to getting those seats but during my research I read several posts that they are small and some of the bigger guys felt cramped in them.

You are correct, they are tight on the hips with those side bolsters. It took several years for the drivers seat to widen up a bit, I kinda forgot about it seeing how it fits me now...passenger seat never was as tight as the drivers though. They are great seats for racing...you feel secure in them. Probably really great on a rally course as you will not slide around at all in them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
front and back out of 2004 monte carlo

How hard was the '04 console install? I don't have a console now but want to go from a column shifter to one on the floor and from appearance, that doesn't look too bad.

Thanks.

The way the seats were mounted in the 2000 Monte were bolted down in the rear and kinda hooked in the front. I shaved some off to lower the seats and make them easier to bolt down.

14435356324_534e90afae_c.jpg

Shaved

14413351786_cb13540d47_c.jpg

I'm 6'3 and I needed all the space I could get.

14322793969_ffbeb746b3_c.jpg

14413348226_bf69994570_c.jpg

14456647273_f09b177668_c.jpg

14250028207_a218d20cae_c.jpg

I drilled holes as close as possible to the original bench holes. The rear holes are less than an inch from the originals. The bottom side will get some steel reinforcement just to makeit more secure. The way the seats are positioned I think I will be able to use the stock seat belts with a little modification.

This is the front bolt.

14509381615_9d4f228b6a_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...