What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

I ordered some trim clips for some of my lower front fender trim. Order the clips from Clips and Fasteners. Also ordered some LED 194 bulb kit off of ebay for the dash.

post-678-0-68928500-1458486280_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-27641300-1458486323_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-01507300-1458486352_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-65504500-1458486381_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-70391600-1458486413_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-49460900-1458486428_thumb.png

Lovin the pictures Tony, keep up the good work. Have you started a countdown schedule of projects to complete by the cruise season and Eastern Meet.

rob

• Like 1

Started taking the air shocks off of the 72 today to put in the Air Lift 1000 system and the upper bolts have nuts on them instead of the clips I normally see. I cannot get my fat arm in there to hold the end wrench so next weekend my son in-law is going to come up and help me.

Lovin the pictures Tony, keep up the good work. Have you started a countdown schedule of projects to complete by the cruise season and Eastern Meet.

rob

Rob. She will be on the trailer even if she is not finished. I will have her there. :)
  • Like 2

I've been soaking my lifters in oil for a few weeks, got them back in today. Cleaned up the gasket surfaces and got the intake in place. I yanked out all the old Holley Pro-Jection stuff, what a ton of junk! I'm looking forward to the oh-so-simple FiTech self contained fuel injection unit.

IMG_20160320_151426587_zpshy4lgsv4.jpg

• Like 3

Looks good Tony, noticed your fender chrome is higher then the door like mine.

Once I get it back on the ground and outside to see how far off. I can adjust them. I have plenty of trim clips. Lol

Wheel, I bet they just love to here those side pipes when you start her up to go somewhere! Looking good from here! Must be glad it's "back on the road again" ( song from REO speed wagon). That was a name of a car too!! The wife just enlightened me!! That's what I like about her. I can't wait to get mine out soon. Going to be putting on some exhaust cut-outs on it this year. OH Yeah!!

Well let me tell you they are straight open from headers to tips. Hehehe.... I have to idle it out of my neighborhood not to mess with the people around me to much...

Replaced the rotten part underneath the rear window........ And treated the roof with novorox... Closed the molding and emblem holes...

IMG_6779.jpg

• Like 1

Well Karma knocked in my door yesterday... An aquaintance of mine said he will paint my car for me in his paintshop... I only have to pay for the paint.. And probably i can put the murals on it in his paintbooth..... Things are looking up for Monty...

Well, My Monte is getting kicked out of it's winter resting place this weekend. Friend at work is going to have some construction at his house and we won't be able to get them out until it is finished. Plus he needs the room for their tools also. 4 cars are parked in there. Mine is the last one out so I have to wait for the others to clear out .Going over today and put the battery in and get things ready to start. I still have the frame for my '65 Chevelle in my garage and have to get that moved out so the monte can rest in the garage oil it gets a little nicer here. The weather I believe is going to break here for good next week. still showing cold temps and snow in the forecast so they will be putting down salt still.

Here in the Heartland we had snow flurries this morning and most house had that white stuff on the rooftops. YUCKY!!!!!!!!!! I am so ready for SUMMER the heck with spring.

I've been soaking my lifters in oil for a few weeks, got them back in today. Cleaned up the gasket surfaces and got the intake in place. I yanked out all the old Holley Pro-Jection stuff, what a ton of junk! I'm looking forward to the oh-so-simple FiTech self contained fuel injection unit.

IMG_20160320_151426587_zpshy4lgsv4.jpg

I just started researching the FITECH fuel injection, getting very interested in them! 

Drove to work in the 70 today

Aaron, what color is your interior?  In one of your pictures it looks tan and in the other it looks grey.

rob

I received my plastic clips in the mail for the lower rocker trim and also the LED 194 replacement bulbs for the dash today. Looking forward to installing this stuff this weekend.

I received my plastic clips in the mail for the lower rocker trim and also the LED 194 replacement bulbs for the dash today. Looking forward to installing this stuff this weekend.

this is about things you have done not what your going to do! Come on Tony! Are you new? ;)
  • Like 2

Aaron, what color is your interior?  In one of your pictures it looks tan and in the other it looks grey.

rob

It is Sandalwood. A light tan colour

Went and picked up my block, crank, rods and pistons, time to build my big block! :yay:

Hey, Sam, would you consider making a photo journal of your big block build for the rest of us novices? Never know when we might get the itch someday. :)

• Like 1