Dash Pad I.D.

Mikjone

Hello,

I have two dash pads, one with speaker screens, one without.

Can someone tell me if one is specific to an SS or not?

I understand they fit MC and Chevelle.

Do they fit anything else?

I also have a dash with the tach option ( 1970)

Is that specific to SS or not?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Dash pad also fits ElCamino. And the tach was an option so not SS specific. I have never seen a dash pad without speaker screens. Lone center screen for AM radio Speaker screens on both ends stereo.

none of it is specific to an SS, SS's could have idiot lights, single center speaker

all those things were options that could be ordered on a base monte or and SS

take a look at this page    

http://www.firstgenmc.com/tech/ss454.shtml

I thought the two speakers vs one speaker was all based on if the car had factory A/C or not.

A/C = 2 speakers regardless of what radio, because of the center air outlet.

AM/FM Stereo had two ft speakers with or with out A/C, like my 71 no A/C.

Bruce

I thought the two speakers vs one speaker was all based on if the car had factory A/C or not.

A/C = 2 speakers regardless of what radio, because of the center air outlet.

AM/FM Stereo had two ft speakers with or with out A/C, like my 71 no A/C.

Bruce

I agree with all of the replies above and the attached quote, from Bruce, gives a very good explination of a one vs. two speaker front speaker set-up.

rob

Our 70 El Camino is a factory non-a/c car and it had a 6x9 in the dash so it had a Mono radio. Dad's old 70 SS Chevelle was a factory non-ac car and it had dual speakers up front and I want to say dual speakers in the back deck it did have the rear window defroster. Both of my Monte 70 and 72 were air cars with dual front 4x6" speakers.

Some non-ac cars could still get the stereo dash pad if the stereo option was ordered. My 71 is non-ac but has stereo 8-track with stereo front speakers.

Some non-ac cars could still get the stereo dash pad if the stereo option was ordered. My 71 is non-ac but has stereo 8-track with stereo front speakers.

Aaron, I agree I think Bruce and I were referring to cars with non stero radio (AM Radio) and AC having the two speakers.

rob

FYI, Today I e-mailed CARS INC about their dash offerings. To me it wasn't clear in their catalog.

Here is their reply:

Bruce,

Yes. The 1970-2 Monte Carlo dash pads are available, all three years,both center and side speakers.
Same as 1970-2 Chevelle's
 Have a black, center speaker dash pad in stock, $269.96 or can order the side speaker dash pad.
 Please advise.
 Thank You,
Joe Zidzik at CARS INC
www.carsinc.com
1 800 CARS INC

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful on these reproduction dash pads, some the grain is not right. From my understanding the legendary one is correct grain like original. Maybe someone has bought one.

• 3 months later...

Put the org back on it has 1 small crack on drivers side speaker.It also stripped the pad where the screws go after the first time to get it fit.Wasted this money on it

• 2 months later...