How many LBS is your car??

Nate

I have a 1972 with a small block stripped down to the Max she was on the scales with me in it she was right at 2700lbs smile

Any one eles had there on the scales? Or can give a good guess what there is?

What is LBS stock?

pb-Picture024.jpg

I have a 1972 with a small block stripped down to the Max she was on the scales with me in it she was right at 2700lbs smile

That has to be the lightest monte I have ever seen...how much do you weigh may I ask...I'm just trying to get the exact amount your car weighs... smile

Bill

I am about 200lbs

It's has Lexan windows fiderglass trunk and hood nothing inside the car.

I have picz if you want to see it.

I have iron head and a Turbo 400 on it so could cut more LBS.

I have picz if you want to see it.

I've seen a couple in the past but would love to see them again and more if you have them...post them here so everybody can see... smile

Bill

Mine weighs 3880lbs and the race weight is 4030lbs with me on board (both measurements were taken at the track). I wish my car weighed 2xxxlbs. I would be pulling some serious 1/4 mile times!!!!

LOL I ya IDK scale was off the "I" state owned place would think there scales are right on the money but u could be right who knows. It is what it is!

I have a 5 gallon fuel cell was not likly on E as my MPG are not good.

"is it dual purpose?" Daily driver lol...But I do drive it to work witch is not to far from home. I would drive it more only thing is tranz pan is only 2" from the ground so I have to know the road.

Car was stripped down to the shell every thing wiring dash windows then only reacplaced the stuff I need to make her go and stop Lexan windows all but passenger and driver side windows. Fiberglass trunk and hood aluminum dash and door panels.

I have not Heat, Air, Fans Radio, and or any thing power. (It's a race car)

• 2 weeks later...

3,691 lbs with full tank of gas, no driver. I went to a recycling center and scrapped some heavy metal! Then I came back and weighed my toolbag and spare tire in the trunk and myself of course! And if you want to know it's a factory A/C car with no condensor, lines or compressor. Small block, aluminum intake, headers, cast iron heads. Bucket seats with console...non SS, steel Ralley wheels...anything else?

WOW! Mine's stripped out about the same. About the same amount of cage but mine's tubed. I have never weighed mine yet but I would do back flips if mine was at anything under 3500 lbs. I would LOVE 2700 lbs.

Harris Q? Do you have tranz break? Just asking cuz I have my ALT to my frame like you but if I used my Tranz Botton I twist the frame to much and pops the belt off. Have you run your car? I really need to stiffen my frame more! Your Cage looks BAD [you said a naughty!].

No trans brake and no I haven't run it yet. I thought about what your talking about and I hope I don't have a problem with it. With the cage, the frame is really stiff but who knows once I launch it.

• 2 weeks later...

I see this is your 1st post. Welcome to the forum. You will find us guys and gals to be a very knowledgeable and hilariously funny group. crazy

If you want info on how to join (only $20 per year), let us know.

Welcome

Carl

Guest chico,70'chev

Thanx Carl.I'm really impressed with our members cars. And Nate's Monte is the lightest I've ever heard of,I'm building a 70' and going with a complete fiberglass front clip,bumpers,No air, heat,tunes,wipers.Running sm.blk with 350 trans,Fuel cell,150lbs.(me),and i would love to have it around 3,000 lbs.(including full stock interior)I have a lot of friendly doubters however.Lol.

My monte weighs 3500 pounds without me in it and about 1/2 tank of gas... and I have a big block with iron heads.... Few glass parts... with a small block you should beable to get down to about 3200.... but without making it a full out drag car without a roll cage I dont see how you could go much lower... I think the scale Nate was on is a little off... smile but who knows.....

Tom

I think the scale Nate was on is a little off... smile but who knows.....

Tom

Well it is what it is….HATERS!but It was at a weight station off of the interstate a state owned station so I would think those would have to be calibrated correctly legally.

My car was gutted 100% stock front and rear bumpers stock fenders fiberglass trunk, hood and 1/8” Lexon aside from the driver and passenger doors.

I have no dash no power steering no heat air fan’s radio carpet no motors rear window tracks ect.one racing seat, rewired the hole car with only what I needed. Car is bare bones all the inner fenders have been cut in the rear and front have now.