Monte parts hoard (show us your junk!)

I started my parts hoard in 1982 right after I purchased my first Monte the year before. Weekly trips to the scrapyard, and the local "Buy & Sell" paper were my only way of finding Monte Carlo parts! Dont forget, this was mid 1980 B.C. *before computers (or the internet).

What a thrill it was to find tilt steering, a pair of bucket seats and console, or door panels still attached to a car in the scrapyard!!  I had collected quite a few of these (and other great parts) by the time I took these pictures in 1987.

During the late 80's, I sold most of them for around $500-$600 for buckets and console, earning myself a few hundred dollars each sale. (I was earning around $8 an hour back then, so that was some good cash! I sold the last of my buckets and console, ( *newly upholstered black, complete with new foam ) on Ebay in 2000 for $1,200 and thought I was a big roller! Yeesh! You always sell things too cheaply when you look back 20-30 years.

By the way, I still have most of the chrome trim, knobs & handles, misc. accessories, emblems and lenses, but you now can buy these new, so I will probably still have them in the future!

Anyone else have any old or new pics of their hoard / Parts to show?

Jeff 1970 SS454

Screenshot_20211125-203042_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211125-204348_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

I might have to come shopping at your house some day.

Sure!  For your Best shopping experience,

Jump into your time capsule (set it for 1989-90) I will grab my mullet and meet you at my shop!😜

Jeff 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

Sadly, there's not as many wrecks available here in Canada...... And you can only find so many Chevelles too. :(

Too true!

Scrapyards now have all  those plastic "antiques" from 1995 and newer! 🤷‍♂️🙄

It's sad, really... :(

I remember all the parts I had "squirreled" way when I had my '86 Buick T-Type. Still got a few of them kicking around. And even a few for a '71 Chevelle I used to drive. 

But the Montes are a unique breed. :)

6 hours ago, Scott S. said:

It's sad, really... :(

I remember all the parts I had "squirreled" way when I had my '86 Buick T-Type. Still got a few of them kicking around. And even a few for a '71 Chevelle I used to drive. 

But the Montes are a unique breed. :)

7 hours ago, Scott S. said:

First generation MONTE CARLOS are the BEST!!😎

• Like 1

A few pics of our organized mess of parts we HAVE "in stock". Not even close to all we have. It's about 1/3 of our stock. Organized chaos! Parts everywhere.... literally! LolPXL_20211127_175242589.thumb.jpg.cee23f1adb253b90c24b1d03a5e0f120.jpg

PXL_20211127_175249175.jpg

PXL_20211127_175253402.jpg

PXL_20211127_175255508.jpg

PXL_20211127_175258955.jpg

PXL_20211127_175301832.jpg

PXL_20211127_204951407.jpg

PXL_20211127_214753555.jpg

PXL_20211127_214818606.jpg

PXL_20211127_225121346.jpg

PXL_20211127_225129540.jpg

• Like 2

We still have an attic full! Yes full! Lol a basement full a few sheds, a screen house, an enclosed trailer and another car and a half garage full and a bedroom full. The rafters of the garage pictured is full of sheet metal. I think that's all, I hope that's all. Lolol

Yes Rob, the bathroom in the garage. If it has space, it gets used. Lolol

• Like 2

I think Tom is fibbing thats more like 1/5 of what they have. I have been there, and there is nothing they do Not have. When they say "in stock" they mean in stock. They have stuff in every nook and cranny.

I have stuff, but nothing like this. Ok maybe if i rip my parts cars apart, i might be close but still, maybe. 

. But what a great bunch of guys helped me out tons. Every time i called for something i got an answer or a place to get it with instructions.

• Like 3

Since I have been a member of this group I have joked about their “ in stock “ parts. But their knowledge and the actual cars they possess left me to actually believe them from the start. But now to actually see a portion leads me to believe these  guys are nuts and at times brutally honest, which is awesome. Keep up the great work. I did notice a lot of space that could be used for more parts storage. If you need a hoarding savant to show you how to fill them spaces let me know. Ask Karen if you ever meet her. I can stack and pack like there’s no tomorrow. Lol. Great job Tom and Kevin ( and the boys too). 

• Like 2

Wow! Talk about winner,  winner! You guys have soooo much! I'd love to come window shopping in your storage!! Man! My pics are 35 years old...i should take some current pics and post!

Jeff PartSS hoard!

• Like 1