UPS

Grant MacPherson

I hope UPS works better in the US than it does in Canada! Just had a parts shipment today, the UPS driver stuck some papers on my front door rang the door bell and ran. I answered the door but he didn't stop. Paperwork says I can pay the driver duty and brokerage and taxes but he is gone and wrote across it to pay on line and pick up my shipment at their office Monday. So, I have paid $55.00 to UPS for a $180.00 order and now have to drive an hour to pick it up!!!!!!!!!! I am so angry I will never use UPS again.

Sorry, had to vent somewhere.

• Sad 3

That’s crap. Especially since he drove to your place to drop the note. Why didn’t he bring the parts? Why weren’t you informed of the these changes from ups via phone or email? What the heck. Sorry but I don’t think you will be able to stop using them altogether, vendors choice a lot of times. 

Brokerage fee?.?.? Never heard of it across the border.. 28$ shipping for a  box of air . They could have stuck  that small box in the mail!

Those of us North of the border are all too familiar with the brokerage fee. It’s a nice surprise and always higher than you think it is going to be. I usually request the vendor ship it by USPS if possible which avoids the brokerage fees.

• Like 1

Sad thing is that "Parts Place" is now UPS only !!! 

Been stuck with extra fees every time someone uses them.

Ordered a liner for my hood, $26.00...... Total shipping fee, add $47.00. 

I even had them send a brokerage fee to a collection agency because the delivery driver "forgot" to leave me the paperwork !!!

And their staff at the depot are just soooo friendly....... 

I use Dixie Restoration Depot and have been happy with their service. They also ship USPS if you request it and I have not paid brokerage fees on their stuff.

• Like 1

I do the shipping for my brother in-law's company, "Langdons' Stovebolt Engine Parts Co." here in Michigan.

I HATE shipping out of the US anymore because of the changes and charges. USPS has giving us problems and so has UPS. we no longer ship to anywhere classified as the EU. They want us to join a ?thing? where we would get all these taxes and fees and stuff FIRST from the customer and then we have to forward these fees to them and pay a monthly fee. No way.

Now when I ship anywhere out of the USA with the U.S.P.S., the shipping label reads some address in Illinois where I guess they look up and attach all the stuff I fill out online. So strange! 

"Now when I ship anywhere out of the USA with the U.S.P.S., the shipping label reads some address in Illinois where I guess they look up and attach all the stuff I fill out online. So strange! "

Bruce that sounds lke a brokerage house

UPS update, door bell rang this morning so, flat out race to the door, another ups sticker, didn't stop to rear flew out the door and down to driveway into the UPS side door. her first mistake, should have closed and locked the side door. She says she has a c.o.d. parcel for me, I said great let me pay for it--- but no I can't they don't have a machine and won't tke cash??? But she offers to show me the package and it is the one I paid last Friday so back in the house for my payment confirmation, She did wait and I now have the parcel.    How about some dancing bananas!!!!!!!  

• Sad 1

Hey Grant sorry you had so much trouble with them. I haven't been in browns for about 13 years now, i work inside. I don't know much about the extra fees, we didn't have them back in the day. You pay for the item and then a payment for customs, but could be paid all at the same time. As far as the driver goes, she is right by saying that they have no machine and they do Not take cash anymore (haven't for a while now). Its really not her fault. The thumb is on her head pushing down pretty hard.

On the other end Big Brown is doing alot of crazy things these days, mostly in fighting between them and the unions. Its ridiculous, i am not going to get into it but as a 30 year guy that has his head on the block every week to make room for someone who has a year or two is nuts, in my eyes. Ever since they went public it seems its all about the numbers and the bottom line, they really care less about customers and there people.

I have one more year to get out, and i can not wait!!!

Glad you did alittle weaving and bopping (running) and got this all straightened out. 

Here are the dancing bananas you deserve for taking care of this :yay::yay::yay::yay: job well done!!!!

• Like 1