Topic suggestion

18 hours ago, willie said:

I am not so sure guys!!   NOT about the 70SSs as i don't have one of these. But on the 71SSs i have to check, i know the 2 with black interior have black columns and wheels. On the sandalwood interior Tom and Kevin are saying it should be black but i have to check tomm and let you guys know for sure. 

Joe i am crying i am laughing so hard!!!

Ok i checked on the last 71SS that has sandalwood interior, it has a black column and a black wheel. However its the wrong wheel, it has a wheel in black like the pic Dennis put up and i know she is supposed to have a black NK4 according to the build sheet if i remember correctly.   

Bottom line Tom and Kevin are correct!!!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, willie said:

Ok i checked on the last 71SS that has sandalwood interior, it has a black column and a black wheel. However its the wrong wheel, it has a wheel in black like the pic Dennis put up and i know she is supposed to have a black NK4 according to the build sheet if i remember correctly.   

Bottom line Tom and Kevin are correct!!!

Willie if that’s a black 70 wheel and you’re not going to use it let me know. I need one for my chevelle. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis its a piece of s111111  When i get a chance i will take a pic and show you!

I believe you Willie. No pics necessary. I have 5 that are pieces of s11111. I know what they look like. lol. 

On 1/12/2024 at 8:53 PM, Dtret said:

seriously why aren’t the gauges chrome trimmed?

This question perplexed me so I tried to research it and I still don't know 🙃 But I did run across 2 (one pictured) where the gauges arent chrome trimmed. So I'll ask the experts why not. Was it an option ? I know before I got it the front turn signal lenses where amber (el camino) because nobody had the clear glass during the rebuild. 

image.thumb.png.5b7480421533ce85e72a09ed48927032.png

43 minutes ago, DragCat said:

This question perplexed me so I tried to research it and I still don't know 🙃 But I did run across 2 (one pictured) where the gauges arent chrome trimmed. So I'll ask the experts why not. Was it an option ? I know before I got it the front turn signal lenses where amber (el camino) because nobody had the clear glass during the rebuild. 

image.thumb.png.5b7480421533ce85e72a09ed48927032.png

Well, the pic is a hodge podge Mark.  Lol. 

71 steering wheel and 70 headlight knob. BUT if you look close to the right side turn signal indicator you can see the remnants of the chrome surrounding it. It was probably  worn off during many years of cleaning. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

71 steering wheel and 70 headlight knob. BUT if you look close to the right side turn signal indicator you can see the remnants of the chrome surrounding it. It was probably  worn off during many years of cleaning. 

Thanks Tom, I'll just assume mine has just been cleaned too many times 🤣

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

It’s interesting you noticed that. The only thing not chrome trimmed on my 71 is the turn signal indicators, the high beam and the break light indicator. Other 71s I’ve looked at aren’t trimmed either. 

15 minutes ago, Marks71 said:

It’s interesting you noticed that. The only thing not chrome trimmed on my 71 is the turn signal indicators, the high beam and the break light indicator. Other 71s I’ve looked at aren’t trimmed either. 

You are correct. From the factory those 4 smaller circles were not chrome. All other guages had the chrome. It was not optional.

IMG_0997.jpeg

• Like 5