Topic suggestion

10 hours ago, willie said:

Nice going Dennis!!   What's next????          I haven't been in mine for weeks!!!

I’m thinking it’s time to get back to the frame. It’s been sitting on the floor sandblasted for months. But the weather is not being cooperative, so I’ll probably find some more small things to do. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 1970mcss said:

Dennis, do you have a part number. I looked at the web site and it says it doesn't fit my 70

There wasn’t really a part number it it was from Collertors Auto Supply. I just found it in there site, actually a couple years back when I did my 71. It’s the only one that I found that matched the dash. 

11 hours ago, Dtret said:

There wasn’t really a part number it it was from Collertors Auto Supply. I just found it in there site, actually a couple years back when I did my 71. It’s the only one that I found that matched the dash. 

The picture they have on the website looks like the burlwood that doesn't match the dash. I'll place an order and see what happens. Take a look at the website and see if you agree. If you get a chance. Thanks

26 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

The picture they have on the website looks like the burlwood that doesn't match the dash. I'll place an order and see what happens. Take a look at the website and see if you agree. If you get a chance. Thanks

There’s the eBay invoice and the part number 

IMG_6599.jpeg

I finally finished my rear defogger. I went back into my photos for curiosity and I started it on 12/18/22. It only took me a year. lol. At this pace I don’t think I’ll make my 2025 goal for Carlisle. 😂

IMG_6600.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Dtret said:

There’s the eBay invoice and the part number 

IMG_6599.jpeg

Thanks Dennis, now I found what you ordered. The link is what they show if you search console burlwood. I searched the description on you invoice and the dark trim comes up. I'll order some. Thanks 

https://collectorsautosupply.com/search-results/?query=Console-burlwood

• You're Welcome 1

• 1 month later...

Question. My 70 SS came with a saddle column and wheel. According to the site this is wrong. Does anyone have an 70 SS with column and wheel color matched to the interior?

IMG_6866.png

I believe the 70 SS had color matched wheel and column where as the 71 SS were all black wheels and columns. Kevin and others know this  fact. I am just believing. Lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MC1of80 said:

I believe the 70 SS had color matched wheel and column where as the 71 SS were all black wheels and columns. Kevin and others know this  fact. I am just believing. Lol

I hope you are right. Otherwise I have to start questioning authenticity. I haven’t had to until now. lol. 

• Like 3

Mine has the color matching column and black steering wheel (1970) Just remembered I got to take another hit for the kick panel speakers on the modification list 🤣

Steering.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Just remembered I got to take another hit for the kick panel speakers on the modification list 🤣

Sort of a non-issue, if the car in the picture never goes to a club function...:k...:beatdeadhorse5:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Kook 1

14 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Sort of a non-issue, if the car in the picture never goes to a club function...:k...:beatdeadhorse5:

luv the new emoji 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I am not so sure guys!!   NOT about the 70SSs as i don't have one of these. But on the 71SSs i have to check, i know the 2 with black interior have black columns and wheels. On the sandalwood interior Tom and Kevin are saying it should be black but i have to check tomm and let you guys know for sure. 

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Joe i am crying i am laughing so hard!!!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, willie said:

I am not so sure guys!!   NOT about the 70SSs as i don't have one of these. But on the 71SSs i have to check, i know the 2 with black interior have black columns and wheels. On the sandalwood interior Tom and Kevin are saying it should be black but i have to check tomm and let you guys know for sure. 

Joe i am crying i am laughing so hard!!!

That is for 71 SS Willie. The 70 I believe are colored the same as the interior color. 71 all columns are black. I can't go by Big Red because her interior is black. 

3 hours ago, DragCat said:

Mine has the color matching column and black steering wheel (1970) Just remembered I got to take another hit for the kick panel speakers on the modification list 🤣

Steering.jpeg

Wrong radio, where’s the chrome around the gauges. Optional steering wheel, factory?  If you’re going to steal internet pictures at least steal good ones. lol. 😝 seriously why aren’t the gauges chrome trimmed?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

Seriously Joe, that horse isn’t ready yet. 😂   We have a long way till Carlisle. 

• Haha 4