Topic suggestion

1 hour ago, MC1of80 said:

Really nice job Dennis!  Is that dark saddle?

No. The dark ( m42)  looks brown. Way too dark. The SEM 15033 saddle looks like it has a green tint to it. Looked ok but not right. So for the third try I purchased parts place ( m36) 70 saddle. I will be very curious as to how it matches the door panels and seats when I order them. It matches pretty close to the original seats. I have one can of OER dark saddle and three cans of the 15033 if anyone needs them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

No. The dark ( m42)  looks brown. Way too dark. The SEM 15033 saddle looks like it has a green tint to it. Looked ok but not right. So for the third try I purchased parts place ( m36) 70 saddle. I will be very curious as to how it matches the door panels and seats when I order them. It matches pretty close to the original seats. I have one can of OER dark saddle and three cans of the 15033 if anyone needs them. 

Brilliant! 

• Thank You! 1

9 hours ago, willie said:

Looks great Dennis!!!  I guess that bedroom is starting to fill up, or do you have everything neatly placed in the closet??? lol

This is the only thing close to being done. No other parts in the bedroom ( except the NOS 70 and 71/72 fenders). I told you this car will never get finished. 

8 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

Looks great Dennis, what do use use to attach the burlwood? Mine new shift plate has the burlwood coming apart

It should just be a “sticker “. If the original is peeling just get it off and replace it. Be careful because there are a lot of different designs and colors that these websites say are correct and they are not. 

Just now, Dtret said:

It should just be a “sticker “. If the original is peeling just get it off and replace it. Be careful because there are a lot of different designs and colors that these websites say are correct and they are not. 

I agree about the different Burlwood. I bought these from Dynacorn and the Burlwood matches closely. The edge is a little loose so I may try a small brush and some super glue. Where are you getting the replacement Burlwood?  Thanks

11 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

I agree about the different Burlwood. I bought these from Dynacorn and the Burlwood matches closely. The edge is a little loose so I may try a small brush and some super glue. Where are you getting the replacement Burlwood?  Thanks

Collectors Auto Supply. It’s darker and has a great mix of brown. When I did the 71 it matched the dash plate perfectly. I’ll let you know how it matches on the 70 because I think the 70 is darker than the 71. 

9 hours ago, Dtret said:

Collectors Auto Supply. It’s darker and has a great mix of brown. When I did the 71 it matched the dash plate perfectly. I’ll let you know how it matches on the 70 because I think the 70 is darker than the 71. 

Please let me know, thanks

Today’s all day project was to restore the AC vents on the dash. I got one done and started the others which will go a lot faster now that I have a plan. The floppy directional vents are no more. I know that I could have just bought new ones but I wanted to try this first. 

IMG_6572.jpeg

IMG_6564.jpeg

IMG_6565.jpeg

IMG_6566.jpeg

IMG_6567.jpeg

IMG_6568.jpeg

IMG_6569.jpeg

IMG_6570.jpeg

IMG_6571.jpeg

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Saw ya still were able to catch a toe on one of the pic's, didn't know chewy shipped bananas 🤣

Stuffed bananas. Karen throws them around the house and laughs when I chase them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, willie said:

Mark i said the same thing, its not Dennis until the pic of his toes showed up!!   lol

Dennis never did a 70 but i remember something about the felt washer?

On the top and bottom of the vent for left and right. The louvers have 6 little plastic girdles they roll on and they are always broken. That’s why the vents flop around. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

On the top and bottom of the vent for left and right. The louvers have 6 little plastic girdles they roll on and they are always broken. That’s why the vents flop around. 

So  did you drill and glue the wires in? What guage? Paper clip? Thanks