New Member From Hawaii

71montehawaii

2 hours ago, 71MonteCarloMD said:

Nice Monte!  Mine isn’t as pretty as others but I still have fun driving mine 😜

That’s just a matter of opinion. I’ve seen a lot of really rough ones that are cool as heck. You have no issues. Drive it till the wheels fall off. 

• Like 3

Thank you Sammy, Ron and Rick.  Rick, when I bought her she had a smashed front driver quarter and a smashed right rear quarter right in the bold body line and still just enjoyed driving her around on weekends.  It's been 20 years since the repairs and I've driven her to local gatherings even taken her to the track and raced until the track closed down in 2006.  Nothing more fun than driving her.  It's been some years since cruising her so now I'm trying to reinvigorate my partnership with her and see if I can finish some of the things I had planned to do since her purchase.  Sounds like you still enjoy the ride, that's awesome!  

It's great to see/read that I'm not the only one who has thought of some idea to make their Monte their own and continue to enjoy the ride.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Capri's 71 SS said:

Welcome!!! 

Hawaii...makes me wonder how Dave Reems is doing...

The last I chatted with Dave, they are doing fine.  He is still a dues paying member of the club and just renewed again recently.

rob

• Like 1

Rob (Peters), next time you hear from Dave ,Ask him if he's had been in any wedding receptions lately ( you gotta hear this one).  Rob Sarae ,1st ,Welcome to the Club, 2nd One nice Green (I mean Green ) Monte Carlo, your going to make some owner's proud with that color. You and Dave sound like you could hit it off just passing by. Great guy all around, just ask anyone who was involved in the wedding reception at our hotel that night. I'm running his timing gear drive in my      420 hp SBC right now. You've done some upgrades on your Monte. You should list them sometime, I've always upgraded mine just about every year I've had it on the road. Those Weld Wheels really make the paint on it  POP! Glad you joined our "little group".gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

Thank you!  Yes I’ve been tinkering on her for about 20 years or so.  Finally I’ve gotten most of my parts to put in buckets and a floor shifted center console. I’ll start when I get back from my trip with my son (football camp in Vegas).  
Earlier last year I managed to find a G-body nine rear that I reworked to fit in her and put on a disc brake kit to boot.  1” in board from the 12 bolt I was running.  I’m looking for a set of Weldstars with 3.5” backspacing.  It should look meaner with a deeper look.  
Rob

• Like 1