New Forum Fields for your Profile.

We have added a new section in your profile to include what type of Monte you own, broken down by year, engine size, transmission, SS454, 72 Custom, etc. Also included is the option for none, and Other (LS, 5-Speed, etc).

Many times someone asks for help on something, and fail to list the year, engine size, etc. This may help eliminate the added step of first asking for the info, when trying to answer someone's request. You will also be able to select multiple vehicles for those of you that own more than one (or 7, or 8 like Willie).

This is only going to show up if someone selects your profile to look at, so it didn't clutter up the main forum posts in general. 

In the past when we added another field, a few people were asked to complete their profile, or something like that. No worries, you can either complete the fields, or click through it. I think if you scroll down that box a little, you'll see the new fields to choose from though.

Any questions or suggestions (good, bad, ugly, not needed), please don't hesitate to say something.

Joe T

EDIT: It even asked me to complete the profile, lol. All I did was click what car I had, hit 'Next' and done. This happened to a few, when we added the 'Veteran' status a while back as well..

• Like 5

Nice going Joe/Rob I think that is a great idea as i am sure i have been a culprit of that many times!!!!   And probably going to do it again in the future!!! By mistake of course.  lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, willie said:

Nice going Joe/Rob I think that is a great idea as i am sure i have been a culprit of that many times!!!!   And probably going to do it again in the future!!! By mistake of course.  lol

When I was testing the function, I added your 72 Custom. If you want to add more, try it and see how it works.

• Like 1

When I was testing the function, I added your 72 Custom. If you want to add more, try it and see how it works.

I will but have to get my paperwork so i get it right!

Here's a quick picture of where to go, if you want to edit your profile. I used the phone screen shot of Willie's profile as an example, but on a laptop/PC it's the same principle.

Click the edit symbol, next window pops up, select your vehicles, and save.

Screenshot_20230717_151407_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230717_151435_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

Just added the new info, thanks for the hard work you all do!

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

I thought my account was hacked! It wouldn't let me log in to see this post or any post. Luckily I was with my brother and asked if his phone had the same thing and it did, so I answered. Lol

Ummmmm no option for tributes/clones. For those that have them. 

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

21 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

I thought my account was hacked! It wouldn't let me log in to see this post or any post. Luckily I was with my brother and asked if his phone had the same thing and it did, so I answered. Lol

Ummmmm no option for tributes/clones. For those that have them. 

I probably should have warned people first, but a lot of members don't log in as frequent as we do, so they'd get it down the road. When I added the 'Veteran' tag, most people didn't get the pop-up. I think it's because I did make it a required field for new registrations, it carried over. I tried to make this one just for new registrations, unchecked it elsewhere, but it apparently doesn't play that way. Once we get past it, it'll be nice info to have moving forward.

I can add a clone/tribute category if you want. People could manually add that in their info spots too though.

• Like 2

I feel so used!!  😎:bananas-in-love-smiley-emoticon::dance::devil::satan-banana-smiley-emoticon: lol

Ya welcome to my world. Lol. 

Lol your right Dennis, I feel for you. However i do it for the greater good of the club!!! (as you do)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find it rather invasive. 

What’s next?  My blood type?  Mothers maiden name?  This has all the hallmarks of data mining to steal my identity. 

I’m onto your diabolical plan, Joe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Glen said:

What’s next?  My blood type?  Mothers maiden name?  This has all the hallmarks of data mining to steal my identity. 

Quit your crying....Just like I said in the text message....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Quit your crying....Just like I said in the text message....

Just like the whining in Carlisle after he rolled in with a blue oval ride 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Glen, like any of us wants your identity... Just kidding Glen

rob

• Haha 4

So, after talking with Tom F., I'll add a "Tribute/Clone" selection box near the bottom of the list of choices.

I'm not sure if it'll trigger the message to complete your registration again, so I'll hold off for a couple of days before adding it. This may give people a little time to possibly expect it, before it happens.

If there are any other suggestions to add to the list, let me know soon.

Thanks,

Joe T

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jft69z said:

So, after talking with Tom F., I'll add a "Tribute/Clone" selection box near the bottom of the list of choices.

I'm not sure if it'll trigger the message to complete your registration again, so I'll hold off for a couple of days before adding it. This may give people a little time to possibly expect it, before it happens.

Thanks,

Joe T

Are we doing this for show classification purposes or just general info ? How about Race Car ? 🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Are we doing this for show classification purposes or just general info ? How about Race Car ? 🤣

No, just for general information purposes. 

6 minutes ago, stangeba said:

What about convertible?

What was the donor roof from? 

Convertible is a good one, I'll add it.

You mean what was the vert. donor car, Chevelle, Cutlass, etc..?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jft69z said:

Thanks,

Joe T

Please add a “Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor” selection box for us cool kids. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Please add a “Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor” selection box for us cool kids. 

:bla-bla-emoticon:

:this-is-wrong-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Next year I'll bring my window chalk so as Dennis suggested, FGMCC SECURITY on the back window. I think Dennis also said he had a light bar "in stock"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Joe, Yes, what was the vert. donor car, Chevelle, Cutlass, etc.