anybody know where i can find this trim piece?

mymontesa70

Long story short, driving up to a race and blew a tire which took off a piece of trim and dented the fender!

lessoned learned and life happens.

trying to identify and locate the missing piece of trim from my fender is proving difficult. im betting someone here can point me in the right direction.

thanks.

Photos.jpeg

1.JPG.cc2a9d3b4bb8b2132273afce41990ec5.jpeg

3.JPG.c429418da097744cdd048bdce6460252.jpeg

• Sad 1

Yep, as stated, pics won't open up. They're in a ".heic" type of format, which then wants a 'HVEC codec' to be downloaded and installed. I also tried renaming it to a .jpg extension with no luck.

EDIT: I was able to open them up in G.I.M.P., and then take a snip and convert to .jpg.

Looks like a mess for sure, glad you didn't get hurt or flip the car. That would have been even worse.

Maybe in the future, please try to reload them in a normal picture format.

2.JPG

1.JPG

3.JPG

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I was able to download to my phone but won't load on here not sure why.

It's an odd format Steve, doesn't play nice with the forum (or any of the normal picture tools like 'paint', paint.net, etc).

I was working on them and editing my post when you posted this.

• Like 2

“anybody know where i can find this trim piece”?

Probably in the street where it came off when the tire blew 🤣😂

Sorry, I had to. All kidding aside, glad it wasn’t worse and there was no personal injury. 

• Haha 4
  • Kook 1

sorry about the weird photo file format, didnt realize i had done that. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I’m sure I have the parts, driver quality at best. Shipping may be costly. 

ive had the car for 20 years, everything is driver quality. i appreciate you looking and let me know!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Yea that tore up that tire, hopefully no one was hurt in this but did do some damage.  Those pieces I don't believe are sold separately.  I'll look and see if I have anything if I do it's used may not be perfect. 

no complaints from me, im just happy to have the help. 

• Like 2

Ok I found 3 drivers side and 5 passenger side. All 3 have holes for the SS454 emblem. That won’t help with ( I don’t think)   On the rocker molding, I have but not real nice. But if you want I can order a repop set of rocker molding ( the real long one) and have it shipped here, I can get the passenger one out and send you the driver. That will fix my messed up one on my 71 and get you what you need. 100 bucks for the set so to you 50 plus shipping from here to MN. 

• Like 2

Dennis thanks so much for looking for and into those parts. 

i actually straightened out the long rocker piece and got it looking good. still looking for the drivers side short piece though. ill take anything you have in that department.

On 8/28/2023 at 7:46 PM, Dtret said:

Ok I found 3 drivers side and 5 passenger side. All 3 have holes for the SS454 emblem. That won’t help with ( I don’t think)   On the rocker molding, I have but not real nice. But if you want I can order a repop set of rocker molding ( the real long one) and have it shipped here, I can get the passenger one out and send you the driver. That will fix my messed up one on my 71 and get you what you need. 100 bucks for the set so to you 50 plus shipping from here to MN. 

thanks

8 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Dennis? Dennis? If not, let me know, I will look then.

All my drivers side ones have holes for the emblem. He’s welcome to one if he wants. But I’m sure he’ll want one with no holes. So you’re up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

All my drivers side ones have holes for the emblem. He’s welcome to one if he wants. But I’m sure he’ll want one with no holes. So you’re up. 

Okee dokey, I will check stock and let him know. 

• Like 2

thanks Tom i appreciate you looking.

Dennis id happily take one with holes in it if Tom cant come up with anything.

monte looks so neglected, just missing that one piece of trim sure changes the look.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mymontesa70 said:

thanks Tom i appreciate you looking.

Dennis id happily take one with holes in it if Tom cant come up with anything.

monte looks so neglected, just missing that one piece of trim sure changes the look.

Thanks to that trim search, I’m now in the process of going thru EVERYTHING that I have. I have piles everywhere. Lol. Let me know. 

• Like 3

On 8/31/2023 at 4:34 PM, Dtret said:

Thanks to that trim search, I’m now in the process of going thru EVERYTHING that I have. I have piles everywhere. Lol. Let me know. 

lol. sorry didnt mean to send you down the rabbit hole. bet you found some good stuff you forgot about though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mymontesa70 said:

lol. sorry didnt mean to send you down the rabbit hole. bet you found some good stuff you forgot about though.

I actually did. And I’m still going. I’ve probably emptied about 100 boxes of misc. crap. I’m sorting everything big into plastic totes and when they get full I’m breaking them down further. The best find was a complete 10 piece molding set that will be used on the 70. I remember buying it but I didn’t need it at the time so it got stuffed in a corner. Lol. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

I actually did. And I’m still going. I’ve probably emptied about 100 boxes of misc. crap. I’m sorting everything big into plastic totes and when they get full I’m breaking them down further. The best find was a complete 10 piece molding set that will be used on the 70. I remember buying it but I didn’t need it at the time so it got stuffed in a corner. Lol. 

Lol and now you know the "in stock" meaning. 

• Like 1

I will probably let you know Monday or Tuesday on the trim piece. I have to go to the "northern warehouse" to get a console and shifter assy for my son's pro street Monte that is "in stock". Lol

• Like 1

Ok, did a little looking. Have a few NOS pieces that I believe you said you don't want. I also found this driver's side, used but straight, needs a cleaning one with 2 original clips. Pm me if you are interested. 

PXL_20230905_182521286.jpg

PXL_20230905_182528723.jpg

• Like 3