Carpet installation question

black07ss

Hello all,

I gave my original carpet to another member years ago so I do not have a template to work from. My question is does the carpet go all the way under the sill plates? If memory serves me correctly it does or at least to where the screws are located. The original sill plates seem to have a screw recess also for carpet to be under the plate. 

Thanks in advance

Bob

1 hour ago, 1970mcss said:

Like Arron said. Bolt everything in. I let mine sit a day or so and then trimmed the sill plates and the lower side panels

I wished I had done that

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Canuck said:

Bolt the seats etc in before doing final trimming. My original carpet went past the screws. The screws went through it.

Thanks Aaron. It has been resting in the car for a few weeks. I just heated some spots and glued it down in some low corners. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jft69z said:

I just put a minimal cut from what I remember.

Thanks Joe,

The carpet is somewhat loose at the top of the tunnel and the console has a gap there as you can see in the pictures. Dan said his had a gap also.

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

Is it possible that the console cars had a thicker pad up top?  

Not sure Dennis but that is how I am going to resolve my issue by adding a little more jute at the top of the tunnel.