Weather

Chris shipley

11 hours ago, Dtret said:

We’re still green here. Cold as a witch’s … broom. 2-4 inches expected Thursday night to Friday morning. I’m off work and Karen said she’s going to work remotely. lol. 

Right now they are just saying snow , no amount!! Great!!!   

Dennis you and Karen are home, now you can get that car together with your number 1 helper!!!   LOL

OHH i like the broom thing, i sometimes tell my wife she should get a 2 seater so we don't have to spend so much money on fuel!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Here's out Joe's way, a little south of him but pretty impressive numbers 

9 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Wow!. And I thought this 4 inches of snow last night was bad! Bitter cold this weekend here tho 

It's been a mess out here, no doubt. We're definitely paying for all that nice weather last month. Part of the problem is the lakes (Erie & Ontario) are still warm, with no ice cover. That sets up a condition which is just a snow making machine. 

I'm dead in the center of both lakes, which often spares us from some of the real heavy snows that they get just 10 miles below us. This week the situation has unfortunately decided to dump on us here as well, but still not as bad as the numbers Steve has shown. Still, a foot here, 6 to 8 inches there, 4 inches on top of that every day is getting pretty annoying, combined with temperatures in the teens and single digits, lol.

Next week is projected to be close to 40 degrees and rain, which now sets up for flooding conditions they're concerned about. On a positive side, the days are getting noticeably longer! 

• Like 6

Measuring shows 6-7 here , not 4, still nothing like you guys are contending with. But pretty much shuts this area down with the zero temps headed this way. It’s pretty, but I’m pretty much ready for spring as well. 🌞 

• Like 7

The city of Buffalo has been towing cars, plowing the streets, and trying to put the cars back, free of charge to the owners in an attempt to clear up the situation. Time will tell if that's a successful tactic, but I can imagine a lot of repair shops will be busy after that....

Travel bans, grocery stores closing, it's just a mess out there. Luckily, my town hasn't had those problems, yet (but the next towns over have fallen into that, just a few miles away) . On top of all that though, they're looking for people to shovel out the football stadium again this week. You think with this being a known yearly condition, they would have decided to build the new football stadium with a dome, or some kind of roof....nope, not here...:nutz:.

• Like 6

I am Not sure i am allowed to be in this conversation. Personally i always thought that white stuff was beautiful!!!  Loved it when i was a kid! As i got older i didnt like it as much, then when i started working/driving i didnt like it at all. No fun not seeing ahead of you, or turning left and the truck goes right. Dont miss that at all!!! Now i say it should only snow on Christmas eve, so for the kids Santa can get there! As i am getting older i like it even less!!!  

But as i see you guys with 12inches at a time, i feel like a damn cry baby with 3inches the other day and another 3inches on its way!!!    BE SAFE EVERYONE, AND TRY AND STAY WARM!!!!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, willie said:

I am Not sure i am allowed to be in this conversation. Personally i always thought that white stuff was beautiful!!!  

:nutz: :nutz: :nutz: :nutz:........................:rofl:

It's coming down about an inch an hour here as I look out the window, and supposed to snow 'til around 5 PM....not beautiful at all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

I agree Willie. I really like the first snow of the season. Everything looks so clean and pure. After that no thanks. After we get through the single digits this weekend the weather dorks are saying high 40’s Monday. But of course with that comes the rain. I think the sun is broken. 😞 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

They were forecasting  up to 7 or 8, depending on the TV station.  Now it is looking like maybe 3.  Going to get to play with the snow thrower in a little while.  If it was just my driveway and sidewalk I would just shovel it but I also clear numerous older neighbors driveway and walks 🚶‍♂️ 

rob

• Like 8

With the expected snow coming I finally put those orange markers down the edge of my driveway, normally I would have installed them back in December but we have not gotten any significant amount of snow yet.

Girlfriend has a hard enough time in the summertime staying off the grass, figured better to be safe than sorry, lol.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, 502ci said:

With the expected snow coming I finally put those orange markers down the edge of my driveway, normally I would have installed them back in December but we have not gotten any significant amount of snow yet.

Girlfriend has a hard enough time in the summertime staying off the grass, figured better to be safe than sorry, lol.

Made me think of you Joe. Grass balls. lol. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, 502ci said:

27 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Made me think of you Joe. Grass balls. lol. 😂 

I made that mistake of not putting the markers up last week Bill, then I proceeded to make 'sod rolls' with the plow blade that Dennis is referring to. That truck is pretty efficient at making sod.  I'll be out there with a shovel putting the pieces back in place when it melts, 😁.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Getting ready to use some of the snow toys in a bit...

20240119_121445.jpg

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Just plowed and 🧂 the hill. 200 pounds. Took about 5 minutes with the spreader on the track to dump that much salt. 

IMG_6886.jpeg

IMG_6889.jpeg

Looks great... are you for hire.lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Old Snow blower snowday?

I got mine from my Father in-law in the 1980's. It's from 1967 I believe. No safety systems at all and it's for sale (You pick it up) $999.00.  🤣

1967_snowblower.thumb.jpg.664416591b13e5290c6cf86cb34d56ee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I have this one too. I built a shelf over the top of it and my motorcycle when I moved here. Hasn’t been running since probably 2010. I can’t get them out. lol. Picture is from the internet because of the above said reason. It’s probably early to mid 70’s. 

IMG_6897.png

• Like 3

I have a couple of the old Toro 'Power Handle' snowblowers in the attic (my dad loved that thing). They used an engine assembly that you could take off and put on different implements like lawn mower, garden tiller, water pump, etc. They were pretty old (1950's+?), but an innovative idea. I have the lawn mower and garden tiller up there too, I think.

The pic is from the internet, because I just didn't feel like going out there after moving snow around for the last hour...

powerhandle.jpg

toro1.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

if you pro sno removal guys are available

Now you're talking crazy Bob...😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Such a cool idea. I have never seen anything like these, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Haven't even gotten mine out yet. Still stored in the shed with no fuel!!!  lol   Praying it doesn't snow more that 3 inches at a time so i don't have to take it out!!

• Like 2