70 SS on Ebay

Looks pretty decent but it's a big asking price for a car that needs love, even if it is an SS454. Would love to see the build sheet and body tag. Shame they changed the color.

2 hours ago, FrankOC said:

That car sold on BAT for $24k last April.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-chevrolet-monte-carlo-21/

Knew I saw the car somewhere recently. Nice car but for that money I want the correct seat covers, a 70 steering wheel, not a 71 and the drivers remote mirror instead of the cheapie ones that don't hold their adjustment. Just saying...

• Like 4

That's a heck of a price jump. Maybe there is something to this car flipping business...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, jft69z said:

That's a heck of a price jump. Maybe there is something to this car flipping business...

Let’s see what the hammer price is. I hope it’s more or I’m just wasting my time and money. lol. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

G67 was available as an option on non-SS models IIRC. However, other confirmation supporting legitimacy would be Box #27 (‘RN’) - as in ‘CRN’ and Boxes #97 & #98 (‘AC-LABELS 454-360HP’).

Bbbuuuutttt… does this partial build sheet actually belong to the car being sold?  I’d lean toward “yes”, as what’s the likelihood of having a partial build sheet to another 1970 Monte Carlo SS?

Serious buyers should demand pictures of any and all numbers on block, trans and diff as well as a picture of the cowl tag to see if the trim and paint color there matches what’s reflected on the build sheet (Boxes #43 and #44).

Doesn’t mean the car couldn’t have changed colors during its lifetime (as it has), but it’s more clues in the right direction as original paint color can surely be located on that car. Front springs (Box #13), Radiator (Box #46) and Column Shift (Boxes #94 and #95) are also clues.

I’m leaning toward legit, but due diligence authenticating would be a must. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DragCat said:

Well I guess couple counseling does work sometimes 🤣

It wasn’t an easy journey. Dennis fought me at every turn. Said some very hurtful things and brought up others that he swore would never see the light of day as long as either of us were still alive.

But we persevered and overcame monumental obstacles.  Joe’s role as unbiased mediator also played a key role.  We’re both better men thanks to this process.

Love conquers all, Mark. 

❤️🤗😘🥰❤️🤗😘🥰❤️🤗😘🥰

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, willie said:

LOL      WHO GETS THE KIDS!!!!????

Ha!  After all this, they’d probably be best off if raised by the state.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

There are no minors that are known to me. At this present time. 

Maury says:

”When it comes to 6 year old DJ (🤔… Dennis Jr.?)… Dennis, you ARE the father”!!

[rolling around on the ground as if he’s having a seizure while break dancing and primitive wails of “That’s my boy”!!! from Dennis]

B29B4B38-A4CB-4E18-85D6-38BBDCF9516B.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Lokk Familiar Glen ? 🤣

image.png.681408227ce3c00c3f5f9121639ba08c.png

I forgot about this ⬆️. I’m laughing so hard that I just snorted 🤣😂.  You can’t run and hide any longer, Dennis.  Welcome to Fatherhood.  Look at the bright side… Maybe DJ will get you car parts for Father’s Day…

• Like 1
  • Haha 5