Electric Vehicles

In comifornia, as of now they have to have rolling blackouts just to keep home air conditioners  going. And they want to add electric chargers for millions of cars. 

• Like 1

My .02 cents I agree, you can't just jamb stuff down our throats. It can't be done! Technology has to advance before they even think about it! However i also blame the people of your state Mark (People here are only a little better, not much),(not you Mark as you seem to know where its at) They have to use their heads and stand up and say to their Senators/Congressmen, that they shouldn't have to have brown outs now, never mind 5 years from now when they buy millions more of those 4 wheel battery rockets, and no way to charge them without hurting what they already have.

Not picking on anyone personally, just cant believe these people are ok with this!!

• Like 5

It is my guess that by the time limit is up there will not be enough charging stations to make that work.  That is my feeling.  Time will tell.

rob

• Like 2

What’s EVC have to say about all of this?

Wait… what??  EVC DOESN’T stand for Electric Vehicle Charging?

Disregard. 

• Haha 5

I go to a lot of gm dealers as part of my job, yes I still have to work. They all had to update and add electrical capacity, put in multiple charging stations and specialized lifts to accommodate the EV’s. I asked one of the service managers how they recoup the cost of electric for the outside stations. They had no idea. “ we were forced to put them in and now anyone with an EV can hook up and charge for free”. I’ll bet that gets fixed. lol. One good thing I noticed is that Ohio raised the registration tax on EV’s to make up for no gas tax. So that’s another added cost that EV owners have to incur. 

• Like 6

It’s funny you mentioned the gas tax. They haven’t officially addressed that issue regarding EVs. Which surprises me because California is always looking for ways to put their hand in your pocket. EVs should share the burden of road maintenance though. There’s talk about taxing by mile. That would mean, as Scott eluded to, big brother tracking your miles. 

• Like 2

Electric??? Nothing like the roar of a big V8 in a Monte Carlo!   Nuff said ..

that’s my story about electric cars , trucks ..And I’m sticking to it 

• Like 8

i turned down being interviewed about electric cars. didnt want to say anything about our wonder ful governer and her brilliant ideas. dont need big brother poking into my buisness

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You guys are rite on target...   an analysis stated that from the time the earth is stripped for minerals with(guess what) diesel fueled heavy equipment ,to the "china connection"  ie batteries,  disposal and fire related hazards, and oh ,electricity doesn't come from fairy dust? and they don't like nukes either so here we go ,back to combustion to charge the darn things...  until it is put back in the ground, these 'toxic fireballs' as some have affectionately called them ,have a significantly greater carbon foot print than there petrol counterparts.   then add to it limited range ,scarcity of charging stations ,thermal concerns(a recent Chicago headline described them as a "cemetery full of dead robots) ... sign me up!!  or maybe not.

but in fairness, i hear the torque and acceleration is insanely nice ,so as a 100 mile Sunday toy, maybe they have a place, but for critical dependable daily transportation,

nah I'm not comfortable at all with it.     nothing like the sound of your  dependable old internal combustion friend firing up day or nite, hot or cold anytime, anywhere!!

• Like 3

Something that’s not being mentioned to the general public is the fact that internal combustion vehicles have not had a pollution impact in decades. With the addition of fuel injection and strict emissions standards they can’t. As we know with performance mods even emissions are taken into consideration. Heck it’s more the norm than the exception. Of course there are exceptions there’s always one tool in every group but eventually they get weeded out. It just amazes me that so many people fall for this scare tactic. 

• Like 2

I remember in the late 60s and early 70s the first,second and third stage smog alerts at school. The smog was terrible. It wasn’t long after when they started using the CATs that it cleared up considerably. My biology teacher said that do to the CATs we would eventually have increased rainfall. That never happened. Then in the 80s it was global cooling and heading into another ice age. Then in the mid to late 90s it was global warming. Now to cover all the bases it’s just climate change. They’re either lying to us, or they just don’t know. In the end, it always seems to be about money and control. They’ll have to forgive me for having reservations about anything they tell us.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Marks71 said:

In the end, it always seems to be about money and control. They’ll have to forgive me for having reservations about anything they tell us.

No citizen with any sense of current events needs to ask for forgiveness for that suspicion... more and more the govt as a whole is showing there cards without shame...they used to keep their dark motives a bit more under the radar...kinda harder to do given the 24 hour news/antisocial media format of today... but the plus side is its seems at long last the pendulum is swinging ,albeit slowly, in the other direction ;  anyone who doesn't need them for their economic survival isn't compelled to vote in a certain way and therefore is considered a "threat" to the system... keep the faith ,it has to get better!!  ok enough said... you can easily fill in the blanks...now just don't come for our Montes and things will be fine!!

• Like 6