Chrome strip on top edge of each door on my 1972 Monte Carlo -

Bob

I have a 1972 Monte Carlo that has a chrome strip on the top edge of each door.  I would like to know if anyone else has a Monte with this same chrome strip and if this was only on special edition Monte's.

• Like 2

That is known as the "wide belt" moulding. If it's the one I'm thinking of. You should also have a piece on the quarter panel next to the window on each side for a total of 4 PCs. 2 each side. 

They were standard on the 72 custom. Could be ordered as an option from 71-72. Not sure if 70s could be. 

My 1971 402 auto "Barn Find" has the wide belt mouldings along with quite a few other options. 

Not very common but not rare either.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, willie said:

My 72 Custom has them, born with them. What Tom said is correct.

Bob they are about 1/2-3/4 of an inch wide???

Thank you   Yes they are about 1/2 - 3/4 in. wide.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

That is known as the "wide belt" moulding. If it's the one I'm thinking of. You should also have a piece on the quarter panel next to the window on each side for a total of 4 PCs. 2 each side. 

They were standard on the 72 custom. Could be ordered as an option from 71-72. Not sure if 70s could be. 

My 1971 402 auto "Barn Find" has the wide belt mouldings along with quite a few other options. 

Not very common but not rare either.

Thanks Tom - 

• Like 1
  • You're Welcome 1

I have the on my 72 Custom but not on my 70SS or 71SS. I don’t believe they are on my 72 regular and I know not on my 70 or 71 scrap cars. 

• Like 4

I'm cloning my Monte to a "Custom" . I just received my "belt moulding " from Leo Konik and am quite excited to add these to my car. Been wanting to add these for a long time.

Edited by 420ponies
added content
  • Like 4

The regular production option code is B85 and the description is Beltline Reveal Moulding. If you need to replace the rubber on them, suppliers often just refer to it as "special moulding". They were an option all 3 years. 

Dan

• Like 4