Hey guys and gals. I’ve read all of the bad reviews about OPGI over the years but have had a positive experience with them until now. They have been shipping the hood and cowl kit that I ordered on 9/10/23 piecemeal and attempting to charge me full price plus shipping for each of the items as they come in. Besides that they have also cancelled an item from the same kit because I didn’t reply to their email quickly enough and their CSR told me that they were not mind readers. 

That's why they're usually bashed here, and the last choice on the list for a parts supplier.

(I sent you a PM too)

• Like 3

Joe is correct. They are being bashed here and everywhere. You’d think they’d get the point, you know they have people that pay attention to this stuff. But then maybe not. I guess they can afford to lose the business. 

• Like 5

I’ve been waiting for my floor mats and 1 key blank that I went to their facility to purchase in September. They assured me that there would be no shipping charges, we’ll see. If these were urgent I would’ve cancelled. Never had problems prior to 2020, but this is my second issue now, so I think I’m done. Aarons Monte on the cover is the only reason I’m looking forward to the 24 catalog.

• Like 1

I know summit racing does have someone that's looks around at the forums to see what's being said because the guy contacted me after I put a post up about the air cleaner I bought.  They made it right and it really wasn't there fault it was the manufacturer that marketed the part wrong so I'm very happy with them. Only actually bought one thing from opg but tried several times and they didn't have the stuff in stock. So I am very careful where I buy from. I always call to make sure a part is in stock.

• Like 4

Always been satisfied with Summit, downside is I order $100 for the free shipping 🤣 Jegs upp'd their free shipping and they have had some issues over the last few years. 

• Like 2

I have purchased parts from OPGI. Their shipping has always been delayed by months but have kept me posted the entire time.  The only screw up I have experienced from them was a set of window felt/belt moldings I purchased. After 3 months they requested to refund my money if I wanted but I told them it’s no rush. After another 3 months they showed up but were 71 impala style moldings shaped and drilled for a Monte Carlo. Don’t know how it happened but I’m not sending them back and waiting another 6 months. Plus it don’t look bad at all and will be a conversation piece among the Monte purists.

It'll be a hot day in February before I order from OPGI again!  Oh, wait .... that might be tomorrow! 😄

• Haha 7

Well I just ordered a few parts from them. Once my order was processed I was notified that two pieces were on back order...  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

OPGI is awful. I try very, very hard to not buy from them whenever possible. They use shipping as a profit center, they're slow AF, and their customer service is horrible. Summit is fantastic; their customer support has never been anything short of amazing. Plus, for me, I live in Central Ohio so I can order from Summit late in the evening and still receive items the next day at no additional charge. Also, I live about 10 miles from the Jegs distribution center so that's helpful, too. I will-call stuff from Jegs regularly. They aren't quite as responsive as Summit but they do a good job.

• Like 3

As I’ve said, No to opgi. I’ve never really used summit but everyone says great things about them. Living east of Cincinnati I have been to Jegs in Columbus a few times. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

As I’ve said, No to opgi. I’ve never really used summit but everyone says great things about them. Living east of Cincinnati I have been to Jegs in Columbus a few times. 

Just ordered an interior rear view from Summit yesterday. Will have it in a few days. Didn’t realize how diverse they were. Always thought of them as just a speed shop.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Marks71 said:

Didn’t realize how diverse they were. Always thought of them as just a speed shop.

Summit is almost the 'Amazon' of the performance world nowadays. Whenever I see something I want (especially if it shows up at OPGI first), I'll simply google the part number, and almost always Summit will be there in the search results. Same with Amazon, so it's usually a toss up of getting past the Summit minimum free shipping threshold, or paying a couple dollars more & getting it shipped for free from Amazon.

Summit's customer service is right up there with Amazon as well, top notch.

• Like 6

I gotta agree with you Joe, other than that one time I had an issue with summit they have been great. They even made the issue I was having right. My brother just bought some guages from summit he got a better price and service from summit than he did from the manufacturer. Parts have gone up so much ( as everything has) and customer service has gone down so much you do need to shop around for sure.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

They even made the issue I was having right.

Summit has always been great with any issue I had.

When I had those 3 bad AMD rear bumpers, they were fantastic. Recently I tried to return some Black spray paint I didn't like. They can't take it back because it's 'hazardous', so they simply refunded the full cost and said toss it out, or use it somewhere else.

One other time I forgot to add something to an order and called them right up after I noticed it. Well, I was too late, but they shipped out the part I needed, and waived the shipping fee entirely for that small part. Can't beat that!

• Like 5

Summit and Jegs are both great on the customer service side, and one sometimes has parts that the other doesn't. I went through a few cowl induction hoods before getting one that was salvageable (horrible packaging for something so large and heavy), and I can only imagine how much Jegs paid shipping them back and forth.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1