1970 Monte Carlo SS454 LS5 Documented Matching Numbers and Protect-O-Plate One Owner 42yrs For Sale

The price seems about right. Congrats on the sale. If I had an auction like that close to me I would consider that as an option too for my 71 SS.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

The price seems about right. Congrats on the sale. If I had an auction like that close to me I would consider that as an option too for my 71 SS.

$62,000.00 USD...... That's about $85,000.00 CAN. Minus all the taxes....... About $75.00 CAN. take home. 

Unless you know a good accountant.  ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marks71 said:

is that decimal in the right spot for the taxes?

I was wondering the same thing.

rob

Not sure how the other states calculate license fees, but here in California where they always have their hand in your pocket, they base them on purchase price. 62k would cost about $6200 in sales tax plus $650-$700 in annual registration fees.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Marks71 said:

Not sure how the other states calculate license fees, but here in California where they always have their hand in your pocket, they base them on purchase price. 62k would cost about $6200 in sales tax plus $650-$700 in annual registration fees.

NY is the same as far as sales tax, but the yearly registration fee (2 years in a lot of cases) is not quite as bad. Usually under a couple hundred dollars, at least on my vehicles. Naturally,  a bit more if you have personalized plates.

6 hours ago, Marks71 said:

When I moved to Ca they nailed me for my Bronco NOT being built with Ca emission equip 😲 There was a class action lawsuit so I got some back, years later of course.

Fl hits you with the sales tax when you buy a new vehicle, I think its 6%. My vanity tag on the suburban is roughly $70 for a 2 year renewal.

• Like 1

Mark B i feel for you guys over there, but as Joe said we are with you on the sales tax but reggie's are not quite as bad!   I guess our thieves aren't as good as yours!!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, willie said:

Mark B i feel for you guys over there, but as Joe said we are with you on the sales tax but reggie's are not quite as bad!   I guess our thieves aren't as good as yours!!  lol

We’re back to about $5.40 for regular again. The only breaks we get are our backs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marks71 said:

We’re back to about $5.40 for regular again. The only breaks we get are our backs.

Don't get me started on gas prices 🙃 Gotta run premium in the Monte and Suburban, $4.36 last fill up, Diesel in SC was $407 and $3.69 in Va, not the bio crap 🙃, GA was $4.59 so I hoped back on the Interstate and drove a few more miles. Still $105 to fill up 

8 hours ago, Marks71 said:

3 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Don't get me started on gas prices 🙃 Gotta run premium in the Monte and Suburban, $4.36 last fill up, Diesel in SC was $407 and $3.69 in Va, not the bio crap 🙃, GA was $4.59 so I hoped back on the Interstate and drove a few more miles. Still $105 to fill up 

I left for Carlisle gas was $3.19 i came home its $3.49 so i am sure its on its way up again. I don't think we will be the same as you Mark B, but i am sure prices are going to go up the next 6-7 months.    

Pennsylvania has stated the the state will start requiring the Summer Blend gas which will jump the prices here.

rob

26 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Pennsylvania has stated the the state will start requiring the Summer Blend gas which will jump the prices here.

rob

Our more expensive summer blend is about a month or so away.