1970 Monte Carlo SS454 LS5 Documented Matching Numbers and Protect-O-Plate One Owner 42yrs For Sale

True survivor car. 1970 Monte Carlo SS454 LS5 3SPD 400 Turbo 12 Bolt Rear, F41 HD Suspension, Dual Exhaust, Bucket Seats, Console, Vinyl Top, Auto Leveling, Shock Plates, Boxed Arms, One Owner 42 years. Fully Documented, Fully Matching numbers car. Protect-O-Plate a real all original car!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Nice car. Please post a price Mike.

• Like 4

Price and interior, trunk and undercarriage pictures would be awesome.

rob

• Like 1

I'm thinking about taking it to Barrett Jackson in Palm Beach April 18th, what are your thoughts? So far there are no Monte Carlos in the auction listed.

$60k is in the ballpark. There was a nice red 70 SS454 that sold recently at auction for around $65k. I have my 71 SS454 for sale also in that same price range.

• Like 4

Nice looking Monte, can't argue with the price from the pictures. Never seen a Monte at BJ's but I wouldn't take it there without a reserve. Not saying it won't bring it but auctions are a funny animal 

• Like 2

Beautiful car, Mike. At first glance - and were I in the market -  I’d be a buyer without arguing too much over the asking price. It looks pretty complete from the pix provided.  I’ll enjoy seeing the interior and trunk.  

As far as BJ, definitely set a reserve.  And if I were selling this car, I’d shoot higher than 60K. There’s rarely First Gen Montes crossing the block. And there likely aren't too many of the 3,823 SS’s produced left.  And even fewer in this shape and with documentation. 

Good luck and keep us posted. 

• Like 5

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think BJ allows reserves.  Unless it’s a multiple six figures car.

Gorgeous car man.  Good luck.

-Bill

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mopper77 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think BJ allows reserves.  Unless it’s a multiple six figures car.

Gorgeous car man.  Good luck.

-Bill

I just looked it up, and I'm sure there could be exceptions BUT true that BJ in their policy is all cars are no reserve. Might want to wait for Mecum in Kissimmee next year. Or test the waters with Bring A Trailer auction. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mon-tss said:

Would you mind posting protecto-plate and build sheet pics?

Wondering if it is in my SS registry.

Looks to be Flint built, so no build sheet. 

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

2 things, and I'm NOT trying to pick apart your car......1st loose the front SS license plate.....and I did the same thing for a minute 🤣 it takes away from it being a Monte SS not another GM SS. 2nd either remove the rad overflow tank ( it looks like hell in that clean engine bay) and the 70's didnt come with one. Or get a new replacement (for example for a Nova) and put it in there. Looks like you fab'd a bracket for it. Like I said, really nice looking from the pictures good luck wherever you choose to list it. 

For a conversation piece, put a black zip tie on the upper rad hose to the fan shroud, those in the know will be checking to see if its an original piece because they aren't available anymore, 

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 3:18 PM, Canuck said:

$60k is in the ballpark. There was a nice red 70 SS454 that sold recently at auction for around $65k. I have my 71 SS454 for sale also in that same price range.

That car was not on this level either. I seen it in person a few years back.

1 hour ago, Jared Richey said:

That car was not on this level either. I seen it in person a few years back.

There was certainly some attention to detail needed from what I saw.

On 3/31/2024 at 4:00 AM, DragCat said:

I just looked it up, and I'm sure there could be exceptions BUT true that BJ in their policy is all cars are no reserve. Might want to wait for Mecum in Kissimmee next year. Or test the waters with Bring A Trailer auction. 

I've gone to Barrett Scottsdale for years.  I can only remember a couple reserve cars that hit the block and they were very high end  rare cars.  I have a couple friends that have bought and sold on BaT that were satisfied with their purchase and sale.  They offer both reserve and non reserve options.  The cost of sale and the fact that the buyer is responsible for transport adds to the appeal.  You rarely see a First Gen on BaT and this one photographs well which is their marketing strategy.  Just my opinion.  Peace.

• Like 1

You've got 1 Nice Monte Carlo there sir !! Looks great, it's not going to last long with all the said documentation and being a 1 owner car. Mr. Boyte might be interested in a SS to accompany his other Monte Carlo?gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 420ponies said:

You've got 1 Nice Monte Carlo there sir !! Looks great, it's not going to last long with all the said documentation and being a 1 owner car. Mr. Boyte might be interested in a SS to accompany his other Monte Carlo?gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2589.jpg

Michael is not looking for an SS.... but he is looking for a 402 4-Speed...... But who isn't looking for a 402 4-Speed

rob

• Like 3

Rob is absolutely correct !!

However if I was looking for an SS .... Aaron would be the first and only person that I would call .  

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1