Body mount Question

Chad Stubbs

Thumbing through my factory assembly manual it shows only 10 total mounts for a coupe, 4 door sedan and sport coupe. bot does show 12 total for a conv.which would be position 1 on the body, and it would be floating as well. #1 position is inside of the firewall, #2 would be the outside corner of the firewall. Doesn't clarify if it's a big block or not just 13000 series.

Maybe it's an F-40 thing? I don't know if I got that number right, but the upgraded suspension option.

My '71 SS had four.

Fun fact, The floor pan is the same as a Convertible A Body with all the braces and extra mounts. It has the four holes on the front frame mounts,depending on the weekday, it would either have 2 or 4 bolts. Monday and Fridays were 2 bolt days and the mid week would be 4 bolts.(LOL)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Chad, the boys that have mentioned it were right the inside bodymounts were used for Convertibles as well as the outside ones....I have had 3 1970 chevelle convertibles and they used the inside mounts as well as the outside both in the small block one I had and the two BB cars. My 1970 454 4spd Chevelle SS has the 4 holes but only uses the outside two and my 72 monte small block car has the 4 holes and also uses the 2 outside only. and yes in the 1970 they did show a monte convertible in the owners manual but sad to say it never came to pass and they would have used the inside ones too I am sure seeing how the chevelle/ monte are twins in a lot of ways... Darren.

a very few early 1970 monte carlos came with 1 front body mount , the same as all chevelles , check the build date on the 2 cars you have and the one with 2 mounts will be a very early build car , remember the monte actually came out in 1969 , i have only seen a couple montes with 1 front mount but they did exist

Leo