New, and full of questions.

domonte

Hey Everybody, just wanted to introduce myself. and ask you pro's a few q's. I bought my '72 monte a couple months ago and It was a engineless heap. but now she runs good.

Just hoping someone out there can help answer my questions on the technical issues I keep running into. Thanks -Dom

Hey Dom, welcome to you and your Monte

I also have a 72. There are a lot of folks here that can help you, it's a great support network with a lot of stuff in the archives on a variety of modification, repair and restoration topics.

Pick the forum that applies to the question you have, start a topic and ask away, we will do our best to help you. When you can, post some pics of your car, we love pics!!!!

Thanks guys for the welcome smile I kinda feel like I jumped into a great big family as stoked about these cars as I am.

And as for questions, I installed a new wiring harness in my monte the other day; and everything works fine exept now it wont start by key. I replaced the ignition switch but no dice.

any ideas? oh and does anybody know if a trans-am style side exit exhaust is legal on one of these bad boys?

Thanks again for making me feel welcome, it makes me even more happy I chose this car laugh

Does it turn over but just wont fire? or wont turn over at all? As far as the exhaust it depends on local or state laws where the exhaust exits, noise may be a problem but around here anyway they really dont bother you unless you get playing to much.

Yeah it doesn't even turn over, but all the lights and other electrical stuff checks out. just no juice to the starter.

I'm going to check my starter motor connection in a bit.

hope that's the problem! laugh oh and I'll figure out how to get those photos up on here smile

btw you guys ever been asked about gas mileage?

I just say it gets better than a ferarri smile they dont pick on you then. thanks again for the welcome , the monte' is my first car, and she's gonna be my college ride wink gtg work on her. thanx again.

Welcome Dom;

You will find this the best bunch and full of knowledge when it comes to the FG cars. I've been here going on five years and they have helped me so much. OH! They'll help you spend your money also!! LOL