Fontana race

CrazyDavey

Three days at Fontana this weekend. It was was kinda crazy what that car went through. First the weather was a bit strange, hunidity was anywhere from 65-45%, temp wasn't bad topping out around 80 on Saturday and the DA got up to about 3000' on Sat and Sun.

I was having a lot of carb trouble all weekend, didn't want to idle, killing the plugs..what the.....once I got it off the idle circut it ran good, couple of 10.21's, 10.22's @ 130+. Finally got so bad on Sunday it just wouldn't run at all. I had the carb all the way down, cleaned everything still no good. How it this thing dumping so much fuel that it's killing plugs..long shot I decided to change the power valve in the front. Pulled out the block went to put the wrench on the PV and....it was already loose!! I have never, ever seen that (Prosystems carb), that was the issue.

So cool, just in time for elimn's, clean the plugs again but sounds weird, try to make a pass, 7 cylinders, 10.84. Put the infrared on the headers and # 8 is dead, pull it, it's cracked..geezz..

Ran Street Muscle and Bracket 1 electronics classes (I run B-1 because it is a pure bracket class plus it's fun to put electronic's cars on the trailer with a footbrake car). So the next thing is in the middle of the B-1 elimn's the left rear shock decides to come undone at the top mount. I'm back in the staging lanes trying to patch up the shock so I can make the next round.....what a day...

Went to the quarter finals in Street Muscle (60 cars), and made the finals in Bracket 1 (40 cars). I went 10.253 on a 10.27 dial and he went 9.80 on a 9.81, double breakout, 17 to 10. It was so close neither of us could lift because we couldn't tell who had the stripe.

Sorry this is so long but it was a hecka weekend and it taught me to keep digging until you find the problem. The car absolutely worked its butt off, track guys said its tounge was draging....

It's back to running like it should and it made some money so my aches and pain was worth it.

staging lanes..

100_1328.jpg

here's a couple of short vids....

wink

Congratulations on your success in spite of difficulties, Davey! Thanks for sharing your experiences and videos - it's the next best thing to being there.

I love anything mechanical but can't imagine the patience it must take to flog multiple mysterious problems over a three day period. You are truly an inspiration to anyone who lifts a wrench!

One of these days the door you are knocking on will open and you will be at the very top of the heap! Wishing you continued success.

Wow 3 days of racing, sounds like fun Davey! Thanks for sharing the videos and it looks good going down the track.

thanks guys...the experience was an exercise in trying to keep my frustrations in check....

It is so exciting to go a lot of rounds, one of the reasons I set the car up to run under 6000 rpm was so it had a chance to hold up with that kind of work....hope it does..this is a life long dream come true...I'm very greatful to be doing this....

oh yeah I forgot...as I was backing the trailer into the driveway one of the tires went flat....I put a jack under it and went in the house.... crazy

I was so tired I slept all day on Monday... wink

Davey your a better man than I no way I could have kept my cool. Glad to hear you had fun the trailer tried to put you over the edge you think it and the velle have something going lol.

Man Davey, that velle is really running good. After all the issues you had to fix. Enjoy the videos. I have to order my Pro-systems carb soon. Was fixing to run this weekend, but they are saying all weekend rain. 70%. So much for that. I really want to go out and just flog the @ll out of it so bad. Get rid of the Mustang Blues.

Originally Posted By: willie
Do we call you Crazy,Patient,Davey now

You certantley earned it this weekend.lol

kicking DON'T' GET HIM STARTED!

patient like they're coming to take me away hey, hey, ho, ho...?

Mustang delayed Royce?