pass 3

rt .209 frown

60' 1.751 frown

330' 4.868

1/8 7.468 @ 94.67 mph

1000' 9.724

1/4 11.652 @ 116.59 mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

All in all I was pleased with the increment's with the exception of the 60' times. The converter is not flashing(4100 rpm) high enough to get the engine into the peak range(5100 rpm). My gearing is also not optimal but to keep it streetable and ready for Drag Week I can't go any higher than 3.73 right now without an od trans or a gear venders spliter. I'm going to talk with the guys at Coan this week about a restall which I'll do over the winter. The car was really consistent and the air was really poor. Typical S/GA summer night. Well that should cover the excuses. lol

David

That is pretty good Dave, but I know you have more in her. I would think you have another 10th coming off of the line, then I would bet you pick up a little more through the 1/4 just because you started at a better launch rpm.

I was wondering if you made it out Dave...congrats on the new bests!!! With the backgound noise it was hard to hear the car but it did sound like it was laying down off the line, probably a good 1000rpm short of where it needs to be. The suspension is not getting worked at all which would make me think the converter is not hitting the tires very hard. I don't think the gears are the main issue...I've got a 5000 9" Coan you can borrow... grin

Good news is there is about 2-3 tenths on the table with just your 60'....bad news is you're gonna need a rollbar.... wink ....where did you end up shifting?

Great times David. Good thing you posted those times. I was getting pressure to spill the beans by today. You know how it is,... inquiring minds want to know.

Nice vids too. - Dave

Nothing to shake a stick at

I disagree, that is probably exactly what I would do if I raced Dave! After he passes me, I'll probably just try and slow him down by shaking and throwing sticks at him! What else can a person do lol

Originally Posted By: Monte7071
Wow great runs but I cant belive you still have a brake light out lol.

LOL Shawn. I've been meaning to fix it for the last 5 or 6 years. grin

David

it's a good thing you haven't run into a cop or anything..

Hey Justin,

Yep the fun starts now with tuning and messing with the converter. I'm gonna send the converter back to Coan for a re-stall over the winter and work the supension. Should have a little more in her. Gonna go with the drop base L-88 air cleaner per your suggestion and obvious benefits shown in your testing.

In second vid the guy walking along the wall in the video is a really good stock eliminator racer and he could tell that the converter was hurting the car on the launch. When the car got out to 100' it would just rip.

David

Nice runs. I agree with you about your converter, but don't be afraid of 4.11 gears. That's what I run and although it's not optimal for cruising I can live with it. Actually moving up from a 3.73 to a 4.11 isn't that much of a jump. IMHO if you got your converter right, suspension dialed in, and went for a 5.56 gear with a Gear Vendors I think you might be very suprised just how low your ET will go. As far as air cleaners go if it will clear your hood K&N makes a 16" assembly that flows almost 1,100cfm, but I don't remember if you are using a 4150 style carb, or a 4500 dominator series. The 4500 is what the air cleaner assembly is made for. I found a guy on eBay who was making inserts for 16" air cleaner assemblies that allowed you to use a 14" extreme lid. You could make your own. I believe I know I have way more airflow than I'll ever use, but I believe in overkill. Mid 11's is nothing to sneeze at. Especially for a street car. Keep it coming.