New Front Bucket Seat Covers

70 Iron

Finally got my seats back and installed along with new ACC Carpet.

I used Legendary's Front bucket Seat Cover Kit.It had all thats needed to restore them ,covers,buns,burlap rings ect.

I also used the Rally Sport Kit,the buns are raised more at the edges on the bottoms and the backs . They still are the same height where you sit and doesn't crowd you. I'like the way they sit and feel.

100_1842.jpg

Terry, your seats look great. I just recovered my drivers bucket last weekend. I am working on the passenger bucket now. I also used Legendary Seat Covers.

URL=http://s921.photobucket.com/user/johngushue1/media/monte%20restoration/image_zpsed564c0f.jpg.html]image_zpsed564c0f.jpg[/url]

Thanks Bruce and everyone,I'm planning on doing the Turquoise Monte next but right now the budget doesn't allow.I have the nylon insert buckets but thinking strongly to change to the all vinyl and the Rally sport covers like the ones above.

Terry

Really wish I would have known about this style when I was doing my seats. Would be great to have something more to hold your butt in the seat thru fast corners. My seats are flat like a pancake. Nice, I really like them and want them now frown

Originally Posted By: 70 Iron
Thanks guys,Can't wait until the weather breaks to take the Monte out and try them out.

Terry

The way it's been around here you should have installed seat heaters while you had them apart! kicking

Great Idea Tony lol

Terry

Those look terrific!

I'm beginning to do mine as we speak.

I have what is probably a very stupid question, however I have not been able to find the answer and I don't want to screw up.

I am unclear as to what to do with the two horizontal listings near the top of the seat back cover. I assume I must cut a slit in the foam and attach these to the seat frame. If so do I cut the full width of the foam? Do both listings attach to the same point on the frame?

I'm sorry for so many questions, any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

John

Thanks John,I really like them .They sit very nice. I ask Scott ,(the guy that installed mine to reply )about your question ,he said that he will so check back. He knows what he's doing and is very peticular with his work .

I'm getting him to do my other Monte in the fall.

Good luck with your project.

Terry

John, I talked to terry today and he told me about your dilemma. When I restored terrys seats, the legendery sport seats did not have a horizontal listing pocket stangly enough.So I just atached the vertical listings as I normally would. When I tore down his original seats the horizontal listing at the top of the seat really didnt do anything anyway( like pull in the horizontal stich line area of the seat). My best advise to you would be --that if you have the old foam -gage your cut to the original( use a serrated knife).Its a tricky thing to get proper placment of the cover to the foam -- Too high placment , even an 1/2" off will throw off everything and eveness can be frustrating as well.Make sure you heat up the covers before install by either a clothes dryer or heat gun. BUT DONT walk away from the dryer 3 - 5 minutes is enough in most cases, you dont want to ruin the covers and if using a heat gun dont get too close or stay in one area too long.Believe me , Ive installed and reinstalled and reinstalled again and again on some seats utill I get great vertical and horizonal seat lines. Hopefully this helps and I made some sense. Good luck.

Scott