What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Received my Lower Trim pieces and wheel well trim from Jared Richey today. Also placed an order with Dixie Monte Carlo for the 2pc rocker trim set and with Year One for the Black Vinyl Top. Now who wants to come on up here and help me put the top on?

I have a suggestion Tony....several of us will meet you in Florida with your Monte and we will finish it off there. You pay the expenses! :beer:

• Like 1

I have a suggestion Tony....several of us will meet you in Florida with your Monte and we will finish it off there. You pay the expenses! :beer:

I don't Think So Larry. You can have your polar air back to Larry. We don't want it anymore. :k

• Like 1

Tony, Do what some others have done over the years.....We have seen trim installed at the Eastern Meet in Commerce Ga... sometimes with Duct Tape.  We have seen the decals installed on Kevin's Coke Machine in the hotel parking lot at the Indy Eastern Meet.  We have seen other trim work completed in the hotel parking lot in Greensburg, Pa during an Eastern Meet.  We have seen Show Panels installed in the parking lot during a Carlisle, Pa Eastern Meet.  At the Eastern Meet in Bristol Tennessee, on the same evening, we dropped a tranny pan to replace the tranny filter on one car while we replaced a water Pump on Andreas's Monte....

You see, the installation of of a vinyl roof at the hotel would not be a problem.... Several members coming have personally already done at least one.

rob

• Like 2

I bought my 72 in July 2015. I have been working on little things one at a time. Thermostat housing (chrome) started to leak, turns out the threads were striped out of the intake. Drill, Tap and Heli-coil it, trashed chrome housing, installed a new cast iron housing, installed all new hoses and belts. No leaks at all. Just goes to prove a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes!!

• Like 1

Went out last night and Paid off my Painter. Now I hope to get my front and rear fender extensions finally painted and on the car.

was he holding them hostage till you paid?
  • Like 1

Yeah wow, that's pretty bad.

I know many cars here have these vinyl top reveal molding without paint but they're supposed to a flat dark shade that matches the top. Are you gonna paint them?

Some day I want to paint mine again.

Yeah wow, that's pretty bad.

I know many cars here have these vinyl top reveal molding without paint but they're supposed to a flat dark shade that matches the top. Are you gonna paint them?

I really haven't thought about it.....I have seen some that are painted and others that aren't. Not sure which way to go.

I've been adding some new junk. New 4150 HP 750 Holley carb, new black Holley fuel pump, new regulator, some groovy new braided fuel line, 2 stage NOS system, MSD digital 6A box. It was a monster chore to make it all fit and work. I still have quite a bit of cleaning up of wires and stuff to do.

post-774-0-66145600-1455756922_thumb.jpg

post-774-0-64434000-1455756959_thumb.jpg

post-774-0-49711200-1455757002_thumb.jpg

post-774-0-73149500-1455757083_thumb.jpg

post-774-0-49889700-1455757126_thumb.jpg

post-774-0-35414300-1455757177_thumb.jpg

post-774-0-59955600-1455757239_thumb.jpg

Ya Baby..I'm sure there is alot of members waiting to hear about this new product..remember install pics and a review are necessary

I've decided I'm going with this fuel injection system. Many reviews, everything positive, nothing negative. Easy, foolproof and waayy beter than a carb.

fitech_zpsyoik6vq4.jpg