Larry's 72 Inteior Redo

Leghome

• 2 weeks later...

The new carpeting will be delivered tomorrow and I am now ready to install it. The floors are all shiny with a Dynamat clone that I purchased at the paint store I used to work at. They still give me my employee discount which really helps. I only have $100 in this shiny material and I can already tell the difference in the sound deadening qualities of this stuff. There was a little bit of a soft spot in the floor that popped when you leaned on it and now it still moves but you cannot hear the popping sound. I am going to tape a couple of more joints before the carpet is installed but I had to take a break the ole back was really starting to stiffen up.

post-785-0-55120400-1424029993_thumb.jpg

post-785-0-74621300-1424030027_thumb.jpg

post-785-0-50883400-1424030039_thumb.jpg

I picked the tape up at Menards this morning. It was in the furnace duct work area. Eastwood had a 2" X 30' roll for 8.99. I got this for 6.99 and it is almost 2" wide and was 50' long. It sure does stick good especially after you press it into place. I tried removing a piece and almost pulled the mat up.

My son in-law and I had the dash out a week ago to install a new circuit board and when we put it back together we pinched the two wires for the trunk release in the glove box shorting out the release. I sent Tom at Keyless Klassics an email and he told me to check it out with a 9 volt battery. Well it still was dead so I thought what the heck and took the mechanism apart and found a burnt out coil. Called Tom this morning and should have my new release by the end of the week. Being $80 lighter in the pocketbook is not what I wanted for valentines day but at least the car did not catch on fire. :yay:

Yes it was fused Rob I blew two 25 amp fuses. I am going to talk to my son in-law and see it we should put a fuse in the line going to the release. We are really being careful when we reinstall anything now. We thought we were before but now extra cautious.

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to Legendary Today and the door panels should be finished by the end of the week and they had problems with the Rallye Seat pattern so that has thrown them behind. The seat covers are now being worked on so I should have them in another two weeks just in time for the assembly and install before the car show season starts.

The dash is all put back together. New speakers are in and the dash pad went back on with a little persuasion. It just did not want to latch in place along the windshield so we had to finagle it some. Found out the driver side speaker was sitting about 1/4" to high. We ADJUSTED that down and it went in smoothly.

Having trouble uploading pix. Using Chrome and just tried FireFox and got the same error message. Speakers are Kenwood part number KFC-4675C 4X6 speakers. I did have to modify the brackets to get them to fit  but they sound really great and yes went with LED's. Those lights make a huge difference, also put in a new circuit board I got from Leo.