Worst Day Of My Life

Rob Peters

Today is the third anniversary of the worst day of my life. That day I went in for an out-patient procedure and over a week later I awoke from a coma. During that time in the coma a priest was in to give Last Rites (Anointing of the Sick) and almost died twice. That began an over 3 month journey to regain enough strength to return to work.

it was support and prayers from family and friends, including my friends and Monte family right here, that helped me in my recovery. While physically I have recovered, there are still many things that, in my mind put me right back into that ICU bed and it really scares the water out of me. In time I am sure this will pass.

This experience has been on my mind this whole week. Thanks to you all who, three years ago, sent cards, emails and phone calls.

rob

• Like 1

Sorry....before my time. Pretty sure it gave you have a new found zest for life and live every minute like it's your last. That's how I feel when ever I look at my wife....Our time is limited....I accept this, but I will live every day like it's our last.

• Like 1

Holy cow Rob has it been that long!!??   yea you sure had us worried...so glad you are still hangin with us...this past eastern meet...just like "old times"...now  just don't put us thru that again...(not to mention putting yourself thru it...)        Brian

Rob, experiences like that we never forget and it changes us in many ways. At the least it reminds us to live every day to the fullest. I knew a guy years ago that had a saying that I really liked....."enjoy every sandwich". I like his saying because a sandwich is something very basic and something we take for granted like many things.

Being given another chance at life is a wonderful thing. Everyone in your Family and this Club are grateful you came through that.

I almost didn't go to a car show this past Sunday because I wasn't feeling great Saturday night and knew I'd have to get up real early in the morning. Then I remembered another saying...."we are dead a long time" so I set my alarm for 5 am and went to bed. I'm so glad I went to the car show.

It was a good day. :)

So....enjoy every sandwich, enjoy every minute with your Family, enjoy every minute behind the wheel of your Monte, and enjoy every minute of retirement and good health.

Cheers,

Larry

• Like 1

Can't believe it's been that long. So glad all is well for you Rob, just goes to prove, you should enjoy every moment possible with family and friends, appreciate every moment you get

Wow …. cant believe its been three years.  I hope you continue to fill your life with positive experiences and surround yourself with those you care about.  Hopefully in time the memories will no longer haunt you.  We are here for you when you need us and can't imagine a world without you.  

Thanks for all you do for everyone.  Your friendship & selfless ways are appreciated by more than you likely know.

Dan