Prayers For Crazy Davey

Rob Peters

First I want to thank Rob for taking the initiative to contact me.  I haven't been on any broads very much for a while now and it really got serious last May when they discovered my previous cancer had developed into a very rare form and moved into my left kidney.  I'm going on 18 months of dealing with this and it just wears you down.  On June first I went into a very heavy duty chemo series that had a lot of awful side effects and that alone put me in the hospital for 13 days.  I finally recovered from that and then did a second round of chemo with a different mix and I tolerated that a little better.  The type of cancer I have is very high risk only presenting in 5% of all cases so that's why my oncologist did the chemo before the surgery,, to try and kill any cells that might have gotten out into the lymph nodes system because that's how it kills.  As Mike noted in the other "where are they now" thread I'm going in to have the kidney and all surrounding nodes pulled out and then we'll have a better understanding of where I am.

To be be completely honest I am scared and worried but at this point I have to trust my doctors and surgeon and let them try to fix me up.  Thanks you all for you kind words, thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate it and it means a lot to me.  Mike Herno is a very good man and he tries to check up on my when he can so he usually knows the latest on what's going on, I also appreciated his friendship and concern.  I do try to pop over here and checkout what's going on so the club is still important to me and I hope to continue.  If I can make it through Thursday and my surgical recovery then I'll know more about my prognosis and will keep you updated.....anyway thanks again everyone....Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I talked with Dave today, he will be going home tomorrow. He sounds better than he has in months, but he still has a long road.

Dave asked me to thank all the guys for their thoughts and wishes.

Once home he plans on catching up on the boards.

He still has a long recovery, let's keep him in our thoughts.

• Like 1

Davey, wishing you all the Best and hope things go your way, I also hope that Red finds the strength to get through this with you too as stands by your side. All the Best Davey and hope to see you posting soon and another Zany self portrait pic too, Just cant get that Crazy Davey picture out of my head and those goggles. haha

Darren.

Mike, thanks for the update on Davey!! Dave our thoughts but more importantly our prayers are with you. The news sounds more positive than expected. May God bless and look over you through your fight and recovery?

rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just received an update from Doug Davies son. He is getting better by the day

Hello Bob... My dad is getting better by the day. He had surgery to remove his kidney in November, and is slowly getting his health back. It's about a 4 to 5 month recovery span which is grueling for him. He can't stand laying in one spot to long. Thanks for the massage, and checking in. I will let him know you contacted me...

• Like 1