Jump to content
Custom Rose

1st car was a 71...here is my 72 Custom Wcode 454

Recommended Posts

Michael is my name been working on my 72 Custom with my dad for a yr this coming weekend. It was not running very well but could here it turn over. The interior was not installed but came with %90 to put it together. It was badged with SS emblems. Vin is A Wcode 454 car but does not have the original #s matching block. The paint code is 14/14 which I believe is a Pewter/Pewter no vinyl car. Dad and I have installed complete 4wheel disc brakes from CPP all new inner outer tierods, Stainless brake lines, Tubular upper lower control arms front,  2" drop front springs, 2" drop shocks upfront,  new gas tank, rear air Shocks and springs with 1.5" spacers, 12 bolt with a Spartan locker, t400 tranny. Shooting for Carlisle and hope to see so many of these great cars

20181222_213655.jpg

20190721_104035.jpg

20190525_191701.jpg

20190504_175627.jpg

20191106_155733.jpg

20191103_164728.jpg

20190907_192953.jpg

20190907_195712.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome! Looking good. I highly recommend going to the Carlisle even if your car is not ready. It is a great time. I flew out there for the meet in 2018 from Western Canada and had a great time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys I travel for work...Dad and I have worked diligently every Sat. Mom would usually bring us some sandwiches and a snack around 1 or 2 for us. Working on gravel and a harbor Freight garage. Getting the car into a body shop for vinyl top damage so I can get the interior put in the car. It leaks and I don't want to get the carpet and sail panels wet. Looking to do upper, lower rear control arms, rear sway bar and traction bars by June. 

20191221_142355.jpg

20191220_180053.jpg

20190309_172222.jpg

20190104_153315.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had two different canvas garages in the last three years and they all rotted in less than 18 months. Looking to get one of those aluminum/steel carports for a longer lasting temporary garage

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leghome said:

I have had two different canvas garages in the last three years and they all rotted in less than 18 months. Looking to get one of those aluminum/steel carports for a longer lasting temporary garage

 

This one is a year old will probably make this year too. I have a spare top from a buddies whose fell over and bent tubes but canvas is good. Unfortunately I have upgraded to Hagerty Insurance and they dont allow me to have the car stored in it anymore so now she sits under car cover haaaaa...

20191203_124256.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I've seen them used for paint booths too, must be a little chilly working in there though but better than working outside.

It blocks the wind ... it's not fancy by no means it works 4 now I suppose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 5:51 PM, Custom Rose said:

Michael is my name been working on my 72 Custom with my dad for a yr this coming weekend. It was not running very well but could here it turn over. The interior was not installed but came with %90 to put it together. It was badged with SS emblems. Vin is A Wcode 454 car but does not have the original #s matching block. The paint code is 14/14 which I believe is a Pewter/Pewter no vinyl car. Dad and I have installed complete 4wheel disc brakes from CPP all new inner outer tierods, Stainless brake lines, Tubular upper lower control arms front,  2" drop front springs, 2" drop shocks upfront,  new gas tank, rear air Shocks and springs with 1.5" spacers, 12 bolt with a Spartan locker, t400 tranny. Shooting for Carlisle and hope to see so many of these great cars

20181222_213655.jpg

20190721_104035.jpg

20190525_191701.jpg

20190504_175627.jpg

20191106_155733.jpg

20191103_164728.jpg

20190907_192953.jpg

20190907_195712.jpg

Michael what rotors and pads did you put on there? they look nice and looks like wheel studs are a little linger than stock which I need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Michael what rotors and pads did you put on there? they look nice and looks like wheel studs are a little linger than stock which I need.

They was a kit from CPP that I ordered through OPGI.... 4 wheel kit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...