thermostat / housing

Grant MacPherson

engine wasn't warming up properly so pulled the stat and this is what I found. notice the pin hole in the housing, the paint was bubled so I scaped it off and found the housing rotted through. Better now than on the road. Couldn't find the rest of the thermostat.

20211214_173812.jpg

I did go fishing, not even a nibble. How bad was the shipping Steve? I haven't checked here yet, thought I had one but it has a vacuum control of some kind in it.

I don't think the piece will cause a problem, I have found frost plugs in blocks on rebuilds that have been there forever.

Thanks for checking and I will get you to check just regular snail mail if I can't find something locally. I could always go with a chrome one but it would really stick out on a stock engine. Look like I only had enough money for the stat housing in the dressup kit.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grant MacPherson said:

Thanks for checking and I will get you to check just regular snail mail if I can't find something locally. I could always go with a chrome one but it would really stick out on a stock engine. Look like I only had enough money for the stat housing in the dressup kit.

I'll check post office and get back to you.

So I went to post office today they said appx. $25.00 to ship depends on exact postal code and the girl smiled and said my package was to small 😳 lol I have to put it in a larger box or even padded envelope and fill out custom forms (no big deal) so I guess I'd say about $40.00 will get it to you. I'd give it about a $10.00 value on customs paperwork.  I cleaned it up and took some pictures.  Not sure what the KC stands for but there's a number on it too. Let me know. I guess if you wanted to I could throw a couple coats of chevy orange on it too. 

20211220_123755.jpg

20211220_123822.jpg

20211220_123831.jpg

1 hour ago, Scott S. said:

What other parts does Pat have ?? 

I'm still looking for the correct hood spear for 1970. :)

Pat may have one. The spear is available reproduction too (The Parts Place, Lutty's Chevrolet, Trim Parts, etc). I have a reproduction one on my 70.