East coasters

Dtret

Only problem is the 'sunny south' tends to get hurricanes. I wouldn't be fond of that situation either.

Our weather report yesterday morning was we were going to first get 1/4 inch of freezing rain followed by an inch or two of snow.  This morning that weather forecast has changed to 4-7 inches of snot snow following the freezing rain.  I am waiting to see the evening news to see how much it has changed, just since this morning.

rob

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

And it’s stupid hot and humid in the winter. And the bugs. They have a lot of snakes down south too. I have a problem with that. 

On top of that stuff, when I was stationed in Biloxi, Miss., they had the snakes, hurricanes, etc......and cockroaches all over the f'ing place. Big b*stards too.

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Only problem is the 'sunny south' tends to get hurricanes. I wouldn't be fond of that situation either.

I'm thinking of being in the adirondacks in the summer and somewhere southern for the winters.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 11:46 AM, Dtret said:

I just got off the tractor/plow. We only got 4-6 inches. I feel for you guys out east. Probably 1/4 mile total driveway that’s including the neighbors. I think I’ll take the Monte out and see if I get get up the hill. Lol. Not. Our driveway sucks, rutted up nasty asphalt. Next year’s project  

3E595D6D-10B3-428D-B5FD-9DA32D55A90F.jpeg

84A215A0-CFC9-42C1-BCCA-90110E9B24E5.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Leghome said:

The weather guesers are saying 8 to 12 here in central Indiana with the freezing rain ahead of that looks like I will be staying home for a couple of days

I’m getting it right after you. 

Is there anyone in the club that really likes this stuff maybe we can all hope it goes there?   

Rob do we have any members in Russia or maybe the North Pole?   Please, Please, Please!!!!

21 minutes ago, willie said:

Is there anyone in the club that really likes this stuff maybe we can all hope it goes there?   

Rob do we have any members in Russia or maybe the North Pole?   Please, Please, Please!!!!

There are a lot of people up this way that love it they ski and there's a ton of snowmobiling up here. I'm NOT one of them!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, willie said:

No Willie, sorry, no members in either of those two areas

rob

2 inches of rain( in two days) followed by at least two inches of sleet. And now so far 1 1/2 of snow. I plowed yesterday afternoon a little before the change from sleet to snow. 450 pounds of rock salt and it didn’t touch it. Now I’m off to get more salt( I have 350 pounds left). Temperature is going to negative two tonight. This sucks living in the middle, we get it all. 

I worked all night, moved snow for the last 2.5 hours (about 10-12 inches since yesterday), tried to sleep and that isn't happening... it's about 14 degrees out, perfect!

20220204_105817.jpg

• Like 1

That’s just wrong. I’ll bet your head is cold. lol 😂. I’m thinking a gazebo type apparatus is in the thought process, with sides that roll down and a couple of tall propane type heaters and a tv. 

Lol, nah. It's nice to see the stars at night.

I usually wear a hard hat liner when it's cold out, keeps the empty cavern warm 😄

No doubt that snow will fall on me when I'm under it.

20220204_111644.jpg

20220204_112132.jpg

Looks good Joe!!!!   If you put 3hrs in snow moving, does that mean you have to spend 6hrs in the hot tub??   I think that's a great option.  lol You can feed and let the little ones out later.   lol

• Haha 1

Yea we got about 8 to 10 or so, I did my driveway in about 1/2 hour. My girlfriends plow guy didn't show up until 10 she's supposed to leave for work at 6:30 so she couldn't get out she for a foot or so. My daughter and son in law got a snow day and grand kids are off anyhow. Don't think I'm going out anywhere but it dont look to bad out there now. Stay safe all!

It took me about 2hours to do mine in two tyns because my fingers got so cold the started turning blue.  Then went next door and cleand off the divorcees drive to my north and she gave a gratutiuty whcich made it all worthwhile as I was doing it out of the goodness of my heart

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Snow should be gone by tomorrow (60 degrees) 2 inches of rain coming Thursday to get rid of the salt. I think I see a test drive coming for the Monte. Probably just to the glass shop though. Lol. Spring is coming. Woo Hoo. 

• Like 2