Today’s project

Dtret

7 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Looks good Dennis.  Usually I can get by with pressure washing ours, keeping me off my knees. I hate sanding.

rob

That’s already been done, 3 times since we bought the house in 15. It was getting way too rough. I figured I’d try this before I replace all the wood. I think it will give me a couple more years. I hope. 

• Like 6

Dennis the deck looks good, BUT why didn't you rent a floor sander???   I am sure you wouldn't of been on your knees quite as long!!!  And you could of did the edges and corners on your knees???  

Ok Joe/Glen your turn!!

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis the deck looks good, BUT why didn't you rent a floor sander???   I am sure you wouldn't of been on your knees quite as long!!!  And you could of did the edges and corners on your knees???  

Ok Joe/Glen your turn!!

That’s the same thing Karen asked me. Because I’m cheap when I’m not working on the cars. Lol. It’s all about monetary allocation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/21/2022 at 4:57 PM, Dtret said:

I was a little surprised when I got home from work today. That’s the first coat. The finish coat doesn’t go on until spring because of the cold. I’m good with that. That way they will cover up some of the black marks that may happen to show up. You know what I mean Joe. Lol. 

I'm Stil waiting on the black marks on the new driveway 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My brother got the luxury of the first burnout. It was just a stop and nail it. No braking. I think he got a little nervous when the creek started to show up and he let off. Rookie. I’ll bet my neighbors didn’t appreciate it though, it was on the shared part of the driveway. They never said anything. Lol. 

IMG_5290.jpeg

IMG_5289.jpeg

IMG_5288.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis i see an awful alot of room to put a barn for the cars!!!! What are you waiting for, do the deck later!!!  lol

Or remove the deck, put the new large garage where it is and use the old deck wood to build a new workbench and parts storage shelving. 

rob

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis i see an awful alot of room to put a barn for the cars!!!! What are you waiting for, do the deck later!!!  lol

Tell that to Karen, she’s got another family get together planned for mid July. I can’t do the cars unless she’s happy. I’ll do the deck. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Or remove the deck, put the new large garage where it is and use the old deck wood to build a new workbench and parts storage shelving. 

rob

No. I like the deck. Even though we really never use it. We already know where the building is going. But I’m not financially prepared for that yet, so I will struggle buy with my limited space. It sort of works. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dtret said:

No. I like the deck. Even though we really never use it. We already know where the building is going. But I’m not financially prepared for that yet, so I will struggle buy with my limited space. It sort of works. 

I love my deck too, as a matter of fact I'm sitting out on my deck right now mainly because I still can walk well. I wish I had room for another garage but I am kinda looking for another piece of property.  I'll sell this house and build a garage with a little living space in the back. At least that's my plan at this time, problem is everyone thinks they own land with gold on it or something especially with the new micron plant coming into out area  property has gone crazy. One guy was selling his house and property for 200 k as soon as the micron deal was signed he raised it to 2.5 million and he got it too. So for now I'm here in my little 2 car garage and 4 bedroom house which most of it I don't use.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

My old ford 4600 Diesel beginning to earn her keep again. Last year she broke several piston rings. So I disassembled her engine during this past fall and redid everything internally. Pistons, rings, bearings , head shaved, everything. Runs now like a champ . Good to get her back in service. A little late for hay down this way but I depend on neighbors to cut it . So, I wait .. but, will be good hay for cattle at least .. 🐄 6B596DB7-F676-4BBC-9ABB-242BB1B0DBE4.thumb.jpeg.6eba0da6555f55c7a7fa809f59802b2e.jpegEFA94625-E102-47CA-8096-25A321F576F1.thumb.jpeg.f2e3de51b0f47511920c5caba201c2fb.jpeg

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

That back must be feeling much better if you are bouncing around already on a tractor.

rob

Been 9 weeks since surgery. Still have some little quirks Rob but I over do it too often... always something to around here that I shouldn’t , just yet... thanks..

• Like 4

1 minute ago, willie said:

Your doing great Ron keep it up!!

Hey Willi, if anyone ever wants you to go with them to trip a cow... don’t believe them.. it’s impossible!...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Funny you say that Ron. My daughter many years ago told me she wanted to do that. I was in Massachusetts one day and seen a cow at the fence, i approached with caution and stopped at the right rear window where she was and opened the window and asked her if she really wanted to do it. She took one look at the size of the cow and jumped in the front seat screaming Daddy go please go please go!!!!!  I told her you don't tease animals, no matter what. She has been good so far!!  lol

• Haha 4

Tom most people aren't 6'4" and weigh what you do,. you have a slight advantage.  lol   That animal has to weigh about 2000 pounds i would think.

• Haha 3