My trifecta has been achieved

Well it’s time to welcome home my missing piece ( minus 4 speeds, I’m not chasing them). 1972 W code Custom. And yes all numbers matching. With documents 

IMG_5413.jpeg

• Like 13

I have no idea what order these are going to load in. Probably not the way I wanted them. Lol. The car was built for a gm executive, build date 4/72. When he was done with it , it was sold as a demo to a guy  in late 72. This guy happened to be married to the sister of the guy I got it from. He bought it in 73 and has had it ever since. 116000 miles. Engine was totally rebuilt at 103000. Everything on the car is original except for the normal wearables ( water pump, fuel pump etc you get the idea). Front bumper replacement , some backed into it , so much for bumper guards helping. Passenger quarter replacement, same reason, that around 1977. He cut the vinyl top off a couple years ago because it was cracking and didn’t want it to hold moisture. Interior 100 percent 1972. He thinks the spare tire is original too, never been on the road and still holding 30 lbs. 

IMG_5297.png

IMG_5388.jpeg

IMG_5390.jpeg

IMG_5391.jpeg

IMG_5392.jpeg

IMG_5393.jpeg

IMG_5394.jpeg

IMG_5337.png

IMG_5339.png

IMG_5395.jpeg

IMG_5396.jpeg

IMG_5402.jpeg

• Like 9

Not perfect. But it will be close when I get done. I’m going to bed now. I’ve had 4 hours of sleep since Thursday 4:30 am. And I have over 2000 miles driven in that time. And a get together in Cleveland. 

• Like 6

I forgot to add,  it runs and drives like a car with 4 square tires. It needs some love. There’s other things going on that you will probably notice in the pictures. I think I asked about most of them and he came back with some funny stories. I’ll explain if they come up. 

• Like 2

Congratulations on the tri-fecta Dennis! That's the only other Monte Kevin and I would consider letting into our crowded stable. A 72 W code Monte Carlo. 

Sweet find! Congratulations again. 

• Like 2

Looks great Dennis,  congratulations.  Do I see a fm converter and a tape deck hanging under the dash? What color code is it? Looks like a rare color. Again congrats,  look foward to watching the progress. 

2 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Looks great Dennis,  congratulations.  Do I see a fm converter and a tape deck hanging under the dash? What color code is it? Looks like a rare color. Again congrats,  look foward to watching the progress. 

PS - I see Mellencamp’s “Uh-Huh” cassette on the console.  Great album. 

8 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Yes you do. Lol. He was going to take them out and pitch them. I was like no no no. Leave them. They will be in it when it’s done. If they work that is. Code 36 spring green. 

11 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

When I saw your post I expected to see a picture of a 72, not a 70

rob

If the site would have loaded faster I might have gotten it posted before you commented. Lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Needs a little attention but nothing you can't handle,  looks great. 

That’s what happens when they sit for basically 30 years. Very little driving. He took it out s couple times a year but short drives. 

• Like 2

I’ll be looking for a passenger side mirror and all the parts to put the smog system back on it( not that I want it). Other than that the car is still all there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Congratulations on the tri-fecta Dennis! That's the only other Monte Kevin and I would consider letting into our crowded stable. A 72 W code Monte Carlo. 

Sweet find! Congratulations again. 

It was just east of Baltimore. It was within your grasp. I would have let you get it if I didn’t. Lol. 

11 hours ago, Glen said:

PS - I see Mellencamp’s “Uh-Huh” cassette on the console.  Great album. 

He kept all the cassette tapes. I’ll have to ask he about that. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

It was just east of Baltimore. It was within your grasp. I would have let you get it if I didn’t. Lol. 

Didn't know about it. Oh well, next one. Lol. Already have a Barn Find. Lol

55 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Didn't know about it. Oh well, next one. Lol. Already have a Barn Find. Lol

This wouldn’t qualify as a barn find so you’re safe. A basement storage moved to s new garage find. Lol. 

The PO got the bright idea to use the car to pull a small horse trailer. He installed a brake controller, mounted it under the dash and ran a brake line and wiring the a grommet hole he just pushed out. He ran the brake line to a tee at the master cylinder, ironically was leaking due to using a pipe thread adapter at the master which is not pipe thread compatible—hmmm, so I put the original line back into the master, no leak. He never finished wiring it up that’s why the rolls of wire are by the master. He couldn’t find a trailer hitch. Thank goodness for me. It’s all back to normal now. 

• Like 3