On a serious note. Get tested.

Marks71

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Hey wait Joe is bringing his borescope we could do colonoscopys too 🤣 

That's just another service we provide here at the FGMCC! Consider the $25 yearly club dues a 'Co-Pay' of sorts for the procedure.

Best 'bang for the buck' out there (pun not intended 😄).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I'll be ready Rob 🤪 

20240307_200948.jpg

Steve, you are going to need some lubricant on that glove.

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Steve, you are going to need some lubricant on that glove.

rob

I always carry an extra quart of oil in the car and transmission fluid and power steering fluid too so its covered.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 8:55 PM, willie said:

Lol   You gentleman are very funny but i have my results on paper from my Doctor and they say every thing is perfect!!   I go for my yearly physical next Sat to check all my stuff including PSA.    We will see but i am still getting out of here!!! lol

Hey guys just a heads up, i had gone for my physical yesterday and my PSA # is .50    There are some other issues that i have to work on now as those numbers are higher than they should be.  If you guys remember i had planter fascinates last year and because of me not walking and eating toooo much i gained weight that screwed up some other numbers. hopefully i will lose some and have the numbers back where they belong by Carlisle!!!  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, willie said:

Hey guys just a heads up, i had gone for my physical yesterday and my PSA # is .50    There are some other issues that i have to work on now as those numbers are higher than they should be.  If you guys remember i had planter fascinates last year and because of me not walking and eating toooo much i gained weight that screwed up some other numbers. hopefully i will lose some and have the numbers back where they belong by Carlisle!!!  

You’re going to get it right. You have too much work to do. It’s probably all the tea that you drink. No not really. lol. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, willie said:

Glad you got checked out Willie., sounds like you are ready for the work to get things back in line.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, willie said:

Yea I hear that, since I hurt my back and pretty much I can't do anything at all I've gained some weight which I'm already to heavy, its tough to loose because I'm still not able to do much. It's getting a little better but still not able to do any where near what I need or want to do.

A PSA of .50 is certainly a great number Willie, because that’s a number  that can’t be altered without some form of medical intervention, unlike others that can sometimes be changed by diet and exercise, which admittedly is easier said than done.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, willie said:

Willie, you could try my recent diet but I don't recommend it very highly.  I call it an Inspire Diet.

rob

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Dtret said:

You’re going to get it right. You have too much work to do. It’s probably all the tea that you drink. No not really. lol. 

Lol  no calories in tea, its all the carbs!!!  Lol

5 hours ago, FrankOC said:

Glad you got checked out Willie., sounds like you are ready for the work to get things back in line.   

Yes its time, especially after seeing all that is out of wack. My wife said to expect a call for the Doc tomm.  Lol

5 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Yea I hear that, since I hurt my back and pretty much I can't do anything at all I've gained some weight which I'm already to heavy, its tough to loose because I'm still not able to do much. It's getting a little better but still not able to do any where near what I need or want to do.

As we all know its harder to lose then it is putting it on!!

4 hours ago, Marks71 said:

A PSA of .50 is certainly a great number Willie, because that’s a number  that can’t be altered without some form of medical intervention, unlike others that can sometimes be changed by diet and exercise, which admittedly is easier said than done.

I also think that's a good number and now i have it as a starting point from now on. The other numbers are what i will be fighting.

28 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Willie, you could try my recent diet but I don't recommend it very highly.  I call it ab Inspire Diet.

rob

I might have to as i know it would be better for me at this time.

Thank You All for the concern. Lol I might just stop eating for awhile!!  Lol

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am back at home after hopefully my final back procedure for a while seems much better for the moment,  still not 100% but way better than it was. Probably never be 100 % because of arthritis and age. Going to put off radiation treatment until end of summer,  don't want to ruin summer plans. Talked to my Dr he's said get it over with but said it won't hurt if I wait until September. My summer last year was totally crap because of my back and not going to miss another cruising season. But getting back to original topic yes get tested it could save a lot of hassle and your life. We got a lot of life in us and I want to live it. 

• Like 5

I agree, get tested. Today is my 10-year anniversary of having my prostate removed. The doctor told me that radiation would have never got rid of the cancer, and I would have been gone in 5 years. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

I agree, get tested. Today is my 10-year anniversary of having my prostate removed. The doctor told me that radiation would have never got rid of the cancer, and I would have been gone in 5 years. 

He said radiation will get rid of it, because it is such a small amount and very low grade. We'll see were going to keep a close eye in it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

He said radiation will get rid of it, because it is such a small amount and very low grade. We'll see were going to keep a close eye in it.

Mine was very large. My brother had his treated with radiation and all is good. Good luck

• Like 3